No announcement yet.

Best stable in boxing currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    OK, that is a fair point. His last 6 fights have been at 130 even though he still is the WBA FW champ.
    Check again he just picked up the 130 wba strap

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Oh my love for boxing has been there. Been busy working on a book (I've posted in the history section), been talking at length to some of the all-time greats working on things, also active on other forums. I just prefer posting with rational fans so don't really come here but am I going to miss a chance to laugh at one of the loudest, most vocal and hideous fan bases ever? Hardly.

So, Top Rank has the best stable right?
      top rank does have a good stable....but theirs could fall off rather quickly too if a couple of fights dont shake out their way...

most hideous fan bases ever? hardly...it sucks that AJ avoided wilder....i know it still hurts some to admit that...but it was painfully obvious....there was too much evidence and too many people in boxing vocal about it...so wilder fans spouted off ...they werent lying....

thats why real fans, like myself, gave props to fury....i did so after the first fight....and yeah i said he avoided the rematch...and i also said i think he was probably smart to do so....and i gave him props before the 2nd fight too

youre upset that wilder fans bickered with AJ fans....and even fury said it was AJ who was ducking wilder...so what are you really upset about? i think we know

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        Check again he just picked up the 130 wba strap
        Thats right. He is #1 at 126 because he is still the WBA "Super" FW Champ and defended that title like 4 or 5 times. Then he just beat Flores for the WBA Super FW championship. My bad.

Then it should be ok for him to still be #1 at FW on TBRB.

Is his move to 130 permanent?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          top rank does have a good stable....but theirs could fall off rather quickly too if a couple of fights dont shake out their way...

most hideous fan bases ever? hardly...it sucks that AJ avoided wilder....i know it still hurts some to admit that...but it was painfully obvious....there was too much evidence and too many people in boxing vocal about it...so wilder fans spouted off ...they werent lying....

thats why real fans, like myself, gave props to fury....i did so after the first fight....and yeah i said he avoided the rematch...and i also said i think he was probably smart to do so....and i gave him props before the 2nd fight too

youre upset that wilder fans bickered with AJ fans....and even fury said it was AJ who was ducking wilder...so what are you really upset about? i think we know
          I remember you admitted Wilder ducked the $100m offer and that made them even on "ducking". Fury hates Joshua of course he'll say whatever. My stance was always the fanboys on both sides were getting too worked up over two guys who ain't that good when I said all along Joshua-Wilder isn't even the top two guys. It's clear now that the fight is Fury-Joshua as I had said all along.

I'm not upset at anything. I absolutely love how this all come out in the end and now Wilder is a meme and the laughing stock of the sport with how bad that beating was and how bad the excuses are. It's awesome and I am very happy. I wouldn't change any of the chain of events.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            PBC is gonna save boxing though.
            Will PBC fighters start trying to make fights now that everyone has effectively lost interest in what they have to offer you think?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              I remember you admitted Wilder ducked the $100m offer and that made them even on "ducking". Fury hates Joshua of course he'll say whatever. My stance was always the fanboys on both sides were getting too worked up over two guys who ain't that good when I said all along Joshua-Wilder isn't even the top two guys. It's clear now that the fight is Fury-Joshua as I had said all along.

I'm not upset at anything. I absolutely love how this all come out in the end and now Wilder is a meme and the laughing stock of the sport with how bad that beating was and how bad the excuses are. It's awesome and I am very happy. I wouldn't change any of the chain of events.
              the fight is AJ/fury because wilder fought fury twice and AJ just avenged a loss to tub of lard with short arms, slow feet and no height/reach? lol

thats the most laughable thing youve ever said "thats the fight all along"

what if wilder had fought ruiz and beat him the fugg up and AJ fought fury and got his arse kicked? lol..would you still say that? of course you would....you hate wilder and haymon you will say anything

fury was being honest about AJ and he wasnt the only boxer, manager, promoter, trainer in the world saying it..and he wasnt the only one from AJs home country saying they were avoiding wilder

get a grip on reality....we know wilder turned down the offer from DAZN...we also know skipper admitted he messed up

wilder at least had the balls to fight fury twice....when AJ ran from him and he needed a big fight

you are insufferable...as big dunn and I mentioned you showed your true colors and character...disappeared for quite some time only to come back after wilder lost...im sure you have some made up reasons in your head....but we all know why youre back

i used to think you were a decent guy...now i know youre a poosy

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                the fight is AJ/fury because wilder fought fury twice and AJ just avenged a loss to tub of lard with short arms, slow feet and no height/reach? lol

thats the most laughable thing youve ever said "thats the fight all along"

what if wilder had fought ruiz and beat him the fugg up and AJ fought fury and got his arse kicked? lol..would you still say that? of course you would....you hate wilder and haymon you will say anything

fury was being honest about AJ and he wasnt the only boxer, manager, promoter, trainer in the world saying it..and he wasnt the only one from AJs home country saying they were avoiding wilder

get a grip on reality....we know wilder turned down the offer from DAZN...we also know skipper admitted he messed up

wilder at least had the balls to fight fury twice....when AJ ran from him and he needed a big fight

you are insufferable...as big dunn and I mentioned you showed your true colors and character...disappeared for quite some time only to come back after wilder lost...im sure you have some made up reasons in your head....but we all know why youre back

i used to think you were a decent guy...now i know youre a poosy
                It's the fight because it's all the belts and lineal. Usyk is a better fighter than Joshua so technically Fury-Usyk is the fight but Fury-Joshua means the most and has all the stakes. I don't like Joshua or his fans. I think Ruiz would break Wilder too. I hope they fight both being PBC guys. I don't care about "what if's" either.

Wilder turned down the money attempted a cherry pick with Fury and it backfired. I don't care about what theories exist. Wilder was exposed as a bully and not a very good fighter which was my point all along. His excuses prove his true colors and lack of character to go with his poor skills and lack of overall quality. He wasn't worth the fuss made.

I am back because I know the Wilder fanboys hate to see this stuff. Like I said they were so loud and annoying everyone is having fun especially with his excuses which I notice you don't seem to have a problem with. You wouldn't give another fighter the same pass would you?

The forum is trash because posters like you for years have gotten to into this taking sides crap and you admitted your side is based on nationality. You said you’d root for Joshua if he was a PBC American and Wilder a Matchroom Brit. There’s no technical or tactical analysis or any insight it’s all biased theories based on what another fanbase thinks and says. It’s tiresome. Like I said I’ll stick around if I see it’s upsetting folks but I prefer to discuss boxing elsewhere with people are actually into the sport and not silly fan beefs.
                Last edited by chrisJS; 02-26-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Will PBC fighters start trying to make fights now that everyone has effectively lost interest in what they have to offer you think?
                  That will be up to the individual fighters I think. If they are getting pushed into a fight they don't want I can see them looking for other management or faking injuries. They can't hide forever if they want to make some real money. Wilder had no choice, if he wanted that big money he had to fight either Fury or AJ. Charlo will eventually have to fight a big name soon or be happy earning < $2M per fight. Same with Tank, Santa Cruz, GRJ, they'll need to step up or step out for the money fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Thats right. He is #1 at 126 because he is still the WBA "Super" FW Champ and defended that title like 4 or 5 times. Then he just beat Flores for the WBA Super FW championship. My bad.

Then it should be ok for him to still be #1 at FW on TBRB.

Is his move to 130 permanent?
                    He shouldn’t be rated at FW. He is fighting Tank next at a weight between 130-135 lbs

Comment

Working...
                    X