No announcement yet.

By the end of this year, I will permanently be moving out of the United States

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Yeah, I would learn it, just out of respect for others as much as anything else. Dutch does sound a little bit too German for my liking though
    I am the same. There are some obvious practical benefits to it too as you get treated with more respect, might be able to snag some local only discounts, and people are much more inclined to help you because of your efforts.

Honestly, one of the harder things for me after learning a new language was that you now know exactly what people were saying about you. - That can be good and bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Un' View Post
      I'll be waiting for you, comrade.
      Hey what’s up Kim. How you doing? What’s new in NK?

That’s great you post on these boards. But without a doubt welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        After about a week you will be turned down for a job or rejected by some girl and start calling for "radical solutions to this broken system of oppression".

There's no escape man. You could live on the moon or at the bottom of the ocean and after a week, same result.

Only when you sit there punching yourself in the face and calling yourself dirty names will you achieve salvation. Salvation through truth.
        Sounds like you speaking from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
          I'm moving to the Carribbean Netherlands. I've been there many times.

LIGHT YEARS better than the United States.

Looks like Curacao. I lived in The Dominican Republic for a couple of years. I know it's not the same thing but things change when the fantasy becomes reality. The fantasy is always better but I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            If you want to settle there, you have to learn the language. Simple as that.

And yeah it sounds quite difficult, but it probably isn't. It's close to german and English. French is more difficult.
            I would say - yeah, if you're going to immigrate to a foreign country best to learn the native language. I guess my point was: the Dutch are very proficient speaking English because they are a major world economic power and need to converse in that language.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I really like Holland, but I wouldn't choose it over the US.

With 50+ States and various overseas territories with different climates, where everyone speaks English, I struggle with the notion that a US citizen couldn't find somewhere they could settle.
            Our country is extremely polarized, racial tensions are very high and gun violence is prevalent. The Netherlands does not have these problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              Looks like Curacao. I lived in The Dominican Republic for a couple of years. I know it's not the same thing but things change when the fantasy becomes reality. The fantasy is always better but I wish you the best of luck.
              Those places are fun when u got $$$

But when u become a local and starts earning the same as the locals its start to get tight in the wallets

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I would say - yeah, if you're going to immigrate to a foreign country best to learn the native language. I guess my point was: the Dutch are very proficient speaking English because they are a major world economic power and need to converse in that language.

Our country is extremely polarized, racial tensions are very high and gun violence is prevalent. The Netherlands does not have these problems.
                You jumping ship? Shame on you. Fight for your country. Find a cause you are passionate about and donate some of your time that on the weekends. I don't like quitters.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  You jumping ship? Shame on you. Fight for your country. Find a cause you are passionate about and donate some of your time that on the weekends. I don't like quitters.
                  Context matters. I said: if I was to move to a different country it would be Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Context matters. I said: if I was to move to a different country it would be Netherlands.
                    Thought shouldn't even cross your mind. Don't leave. Try to make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                      Those places are fun when u got $$$

But when u become a local and starts earning the same as the locals its start to get tight in the wallets
                      Earning local wages or living like a local is not living the dream...there's a reason why all the locals want to leave and go to where you came from.

Comment

Working...
                      X