Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn “When Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder Gets Made, It Will Be On DAZN”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
    For sure it will be on DAZN. AJ is the A-side.
    Exactly he fills up stadiums

Comment

If it does indeed work out like this... and DAZN offer a higher guarantee to wilder against subscriptions than what Showtime can offer against PPV guestimations , and wilder still doesnt take the fight, only he can be blamed.

That would literally be turning down the most money you'll ever make purely because you dont want to fight on a network promotion overseen by someone you dont like.

That spits in the face of the sport and the fans, and is a clear outright duck out of sheer ignorance.

And id be saying exactly the same to Joshua.
      Btw.. before we get on to $50 milly doe., remember Joshua would get a guarantee against subscriptions from DAZN PLUS 80% of all revenue from the UK.

Working on the basis of DAZN offering a higher guarantee than showtime could ever offer against PPV buys , plus his UK cut, he would stand to earn a hell of alot more than 50 million.

Thats only IF.. DAZN can guarantee a package financial that is bigger than showtimes PPV offering and percentage split.

Comment

Hell yeah, I'm purchasing it on DAZN. Shit!

Comment

People have to still look at the fact that DAZN os not proven. SHO PPV or just PPV in general is. Hell, tgey can put it on FOX even. But DAZN hasn't proved anything yet.

Hell, I follow DAZN on FB and like 12 people have replied to the news of Canelo joining DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
            Eddie Hearn echo’s Bob Arums statement and agrees Showtime will leave boxing like HBO. He stated the US PPV model will die soon. He said once Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua is made it will happen on DAZN.. If DAZN co broadcast the fight with Showtime, He believes 99% of people will buy it on DAZN for $10 as opposed to paying $90 to watch it on Showtime.

Showtime can only make big PPV fights like this based on estimates how well they believe the PPV will do.. If they co promote then Showtime wont even sell 1k PPV therefore they wont be able to acquire these big fight anymore.

So all the people on here who hate Hearn and hate DAZN as a result.. if AJ vs Wilder takes place on both platform which one would you buy it on?.
            that fight I would buy it on showtime.....

cuz I at least know that the stream wont fail or lag cuz its on my tv

Comment

Fox has a PPV arm.

Comment

I need to start my DAZN subscription.
                How else could I see Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko?

Comment

For sure it will be on DAZN. AJ is the A-side.
                  He may not be the A-side for long if Wilder can be built into an American PPV attraction. The PPV industry isn't just going to take this lying down. Expect them to double down their efforts to make Wilder vs. Fury a major success now.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    He may not be the A-side for long if Wilder can be built into an American PPV attraction. The PPV industry isn't just going to take this lying down. Expect them to double down their efforts to make Wilder vs. Fury a major success now.
                    Yeah, I'd rather the PPV industry die.

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather the PPV industry die.
                      Me too, man.

Comment

Working...
                      X