No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Spence - CompuBox Head To Head Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Spence - CompuBox Head To Head Analysis

Errol Spence (last 5 fights) threw nearly 20 more punches per round than Terence Crawford (last 11 fights- 2 at welterweight). Spence landed 22 punches per round to 16.7 for Crawford. Both landed nearly half their power shots, with Spence landing six more per round. Spence hits harder and is the more effective body puncher, as 32.3% of his landed punches are body shots, compared to 22.6% for Crawford (last 11), who upped his body shot game vs. Benavidez, as 38% of his landed punches were body shots.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The best fight that can be made..The best fight between two African Americans in over a generation.If you care about the future of boxing,you should want this

Comment

As a fan of compubox who supports their stats for specific fights this dick measuring "what if" type stat sh^t bores me to no end with all the problems with it.

I mean if you wanna compare people with punch stats you wanna measure them against the same (if possible) or very similar styles/quality of opponent in the same weight division. I'd argue with Bud only have 2 147lb fights now we don't even have a meaningful sample size to measure these two guys.

Comment

Based on the overall CompuBox stats it would be a great fight. Personally I give Spence the edge based on his size and advantage in power. Crawford does have the ability to adjust his style as his fights progress but I think he still loses.

Comment

benevides was able to use his jab effectively vs Bud, he obviously didn't use it enough. I can see Spence using that jab to dictate the pace and working them body shots on Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
            benevides was able to use his jab effectively vs Bud, he obviously didn't use it enough. I can see Spence using that jab to dictate the pace and working them body shots on Bud.
            Spence's jab is going to be the key in this match up. Spence's jab is what broke Brook's eye socket and has been the key punch to many of his fights. It will come down to Crawford's ability to nullify it and that will likely determine the winner in this fight.

Comment

Spence gets hit more than Crawford, but we already knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                As a fan of compubox who supports their stats for specific fights this dick measuring "what if" type stat sh^t bores me to no end with all the problems with it.

I mean if you wanna compare people with punch stats you wanna measure them against the same (if possible) or very similar styles/quality of opponent in the same weight division. I'd argue with Bud only have 2 147lb fights now we don't even have a meaningful sample size to measure these two guys.

that is impossible, because they have totally different styles themselves

those stats are totally fkn meaningless

" who supports their stats for specific fights "

what did that mean..... ?

there are " no end with all the problems " to ALL of that rubbish

Comment

do the bookies use compubox stats ?

REALLY ?

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                    Spence gets hit more than Crawford, but we already knew that.
                    Marginally, 7 to 9 per round isn't crazy lol

What's substantially different is their activity levels.

I think its interesting that the author left out data in this write up that was included in their last one.

Spence scores in the mid 60s on their rating system (# 1 at WW), while Crawford scores in the mid 40s (# 2 at WW). Why? Because they're landing at nearly the same rate, getting hit about the same amount, but Spence is way more active. Just average the punches per round out over 12 rounds

Comment

Working...
                    X