Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Better At Cutting Of The Ring- Cotto Or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say when GGG hasn't faced fighters of the calibre Cotto has, guys with good speed and elite footwork like Manny, Floyd and lower level like Judah and Quintana

GGG hasn't faced any slick guys with great defense and footwork

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Cotto has cut the ring off against better movers. Golovkin is good at cutting off the ring but people don't want to admit the fact that his abilities have not been tested against good opposition.
      This right here, but GGG is really good at it. I think what gives Cotto the advantage will be his ring IQ and how he will set you up.

GGG was following Moore Jr. around and was not as effective at cutting up the ring. Also, Cotto will circle you and not follow you and walk you to his trap.

...but I agree GGG is really good at it but I give Cotto the edge in this crucial ability.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Cotto has cut the ring off against better movers. Golovkin is good at cutting off the ring but people don't want to admit the fact that his abilities have not been tested against good opposition.
        And finally... Logic appears in this thread.

Comment

Golovkin doesn't know how to cut the ring... He doesn't know how to punch... and he fought nobody...

In fact Golovkin is an illusion and I can understand why they don't want to fight him -- except for Ward, who actually likes illusions.

Comment

Golovkin

/thread

Comment

I would say Cotto by a slight margin, only because he can cut the ring off without getting hit much, GGG walks you down but still gets hit a lot when guys do throw hands off the back foot.

Cotto though has cut the ring off against some better competition. Cotto loves fighting movers, he just cant fight pressure fighters, Cotto is the quintessential bully fighter.

This is why you will never see Cotto vs GGG, That fight would be a battle of who budges first and Cotto always wilts under pressure, he will go toe to toe with you for a bit but if he cant push you back or intimidate you he gets on his bike and gives in, Cotto likes guys who retreat, he doesn't like guys who come to bang.

Comment

Who really knows ggg run is laughable cotto fought the better fughters....everyone looks like a god with they fight weak compition

Comment

trout beat cotto doe, thats enough right there

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                    Golovkin

/thread

Hater

End thread < Denied.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                      Golovkin's ability to cut off the ring is overrated. He is just another overhyped fighter who looks good against average competition. If he grows a pair and fights Ward you will see him swinging at air and getting constantly turned around. He won't cut **** off.
                      And you'll see Ward wobble around and get KO'd vs Kovalev

Comment

Working...
                      X