Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Middleweight: A Possibly Complicated Sandbox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get GG vs CHARLO. Let's get JACOBS vs. ANDRADE. CANELO will hide out at 168 all while using lil FLOYDS name to stay in the media

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
      If Andrade and Jacobs win the belts this month, then super duper Charlo will be left dry. Unless he finds his soul and balls and joins DAZN, even if it's only for just one fight-championship fight. And even in that case, it would (probably) be for WBC belt against Canelo as mandatory. But he has to beat GGG first (eliminator). He can circumvent that by going directly against Andrade or his soul taker Jacobs, which is also DAZN and (in this case) beloved Eddie.
      It's looking strongly like Golovkin is going for Murata meaning that Charlo remains mando... problem is I very strongly doubt the WBC is going to force Canelo to fight Charlo any time soon, so he might be waiting a long time - unless, as you say, he elects to sign with DAZN / Hearn, though even that guarantees nothing.

Comment

Good article

DAZN just pulled major coup with the signing of Canelo

Not only do they get the biggest fighter in the game if Andrade and Jacobs both win like their supposed to. DAZn will be in complete control of all the MW straps leaving Golovkin , Saunders and Charlo looking on the outside probably never getting a shot unless they switch sides

So it’d probably be Andrade /Jacobs first and then a Canelo fight for all the marbles freezing everyone else out

Well played by GB /Matchroom and DAZN

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I thought from the moment it was announced that the Fielding fight was a smart long term move from Canelo - quite aside from being able to sell him as an 'x weight champion blah blah', it opens up a wide range of options at every turn. Being in the enviable position as boxing's cash cow Canelo can, in essence, pick his opponents now from pretty much anywhere between 154 and 168 (and probably fight where he wants in between if he so chooses), and being able to bounce between the divisions means he doesn't really need to trouble too much with the sanctioning bodies and is free to pick the opponents he chooses whether for legacy or money.
          I believe Alvarez achieves both these things at 168. 160 carries risk with less reward, I could be wrong but, who can sell well on PPV or for this DAZN deal at 160? Other than Golovkin ; Jacobs is the only other proven and former champion, and Danny is no superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            I believe Alvarez achieves both these things at 168. 160 carries risk with less reward, I could be wrong but, who can sell well on PPV or for this DAZN deal at 160? Other than Golovkin ; Jacobs is the only other proven and former champion, and Danny is no superstar.
            Not a huge amount at 168 either... yet. Course Zurdo and / or Benavidez could be massive fights down the line or of course someone could come through over the next few years at either MW or 168. The point is with this move he's giving himself multiple options for whatever the future brings.

Comment

Canelo's deal is a very bad look for Charlo! I can see Canelo dropping the WBC title...again! Arum kissing up to GGG makes it even worse for Charlo! He'll most likely fight Murata in Tokoyo! Charlo's only hope is if Dervy beats Jacobs, or Brant beats Murata!

Comment

Canelo's next several fights.....

This is in no order GGG, BJS, Lemueix and of course Fields. Who Canelo fights after that is anyone's guess. Everyone will play it safe hoping for a cash in with Canelo. Canelo being a 3 division champion and cash cow will pick his opponents methodically between 160-168 lbs, whether he holds a belt or not won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  After cheating GGG in two fights both in Vegas, Canelo will freeze those belts cherry picking like Mayweather did.

Derevanychenko will upset Jacobs who looks damaged from that fight with GGG and weight draining , while Andrade is very overrated, and might even lose to the bum he is fighting.

GGG still the best middleweight without question, but American politics need a establishment fighter to market to the minority fanbase, and Canelo will always get the advantage in any decision.
                  American politics?

Do us a favor, if you don't live in the United States, if you are not from the United States, don't represent the atmosphere in America, because it's clear you have no clue how it goes down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                    American politics?

Do us a favor, if you don't live in the United States, if you are not from the United States, don't represent the atmosphere in America, because it's clear you have no clue how it goes down here.

I'm American and have enough integrity to call out corruption where it is. We saw GGG get robbed twice in Vegas to reward the establishment fighter. We saw Kovalev get robbed vs Ward who they tried banking on becoming the establishment fighter. The fact is, the USA boxing market needs a Mexican and African American to keep interest in those fan demographics and make them seem like the faces of boxing, when in reality, they are overrated protected frauds.

It's a sad state in America with the need to continually placate and protect the inner city fan based because that is sure fire $$$ , suckers money, and the establishment knows this.

Comment

Canelo should fight Jacobs lemueix and GGG 2019 then fight twice a year after that Charlo saunders Lara Hurd Ramirez Smith and 2 up an comers if win 7out of 8 of those tough fights can say canelo beat the best minus Floyd Lara and GGG once , lemueix n the up and comers woul be fights to have less risk and rest/collect a check though I see canelo losing against Jacobs Charlo a rematch to Lara possibly GGG Smith so if fight that gontlet canelo could wound up losing 5 out of 11 fights so hell cherry pick his fights

Comment

Working...
                      X