Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video released of off duty Chicago cop shooting an autistic teenager in Aug of 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one of your brothers shooting another one of your brothers. Black on black shooting is a normal daily occurrence, so why is this one news worthy.

Yes I could tell the cop was black just from the word ambulance.

Comment

attempted murder should carry a life sentence.

police reform and a reformation of the judicial procedures involved when these shootings occur is coming. chicago has a storied history of police brutality and coverups. the proliferation of the high quality camera is the great equalizer.

if this bothers you and you can organize and protest, do it. don't block off a road, don't hit anybody, but protest the hell out of this. film the police and make a huge f#cking stink about it when they kill unarmed people. gun reform and police reform will be soon to follow, and this country will be a hell of a lot safer.

Comment

Well not defending the cop but it's worth mentioning that since this kid is autistic he might have done or say something unusual due to his illness and the cop felt threatened by it because he didn't know the kid was autistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Well not defending the cop but it's worth mentioning that since this kid is autistic he might have done or say something unusual due to his illness and the cop felt threatened by it because he didn't know the kid was autistic.

he was not on duty. he was in his personal vehicle and was not working. he was trigger happy and that's the end of the story. he shot an unarmed autisic boy. acting in a manner perceived by cops to be similar to behavior indicating one "has a gun," is not illegal, certainly not behavior warranting deadly force. this wasn't done in the course of an ivestigation, it's not policework and he shouldn't be subject to judicial processes that are standard for police.

this cop made a mistake and i expect him to be in prison shortly.

don't even talk about this if you are not american, you have no business acting like you know what our issues with race look like, and nobody wants your opinion.

Comment

protest this one, folks. just don't block off a highway or hurt anybody. otherwise, have at it. gun control. police reform. it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              he was not on duty. he was in his personal vehicle and was not working. he was trigger happy and that's the end of the story. he shot an unarmed autisic boy. acting in a manner perceived by cops to be similar to behavior indicating one "has a gun," is not illegal, certainly not behavior warranting deadly force. this wasn't done in the course of an ivestigation, it's not policework and he shouldn't be subject to judicial processes that are standard for police.

this cop made a mistake and i expect him to be in prison shortly.

don't even talk about this if you are not american, you have no business acting like you know what our issues with race look like, and nobody wants your opinion.
              I made an observation that's all.

Spare me your patronizing, if I want to speak on a topic, I do it.

Never said I'm an expert on us race problems and I didn't say anything about race in this thread. You brought it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                I made an observation that's all.

Spare me your patronizing, if I want to speak on a topic, I do it.

Never said I'm an expert on us race problems and I didn't say anything about race in this thread. You brought it up.

the teenager was black, in this country ahve a historic and contemporary problem with shooting unarmed black men, and the country has a history of protesting against it and contemporary protests against it. specifically these shootings and killings have come under additional scrutiny because they're increasingly being filmed in high definition.

this is inherently an issue of race and gun control. police assume black men to be more dangerous and more armed than white men and police them differently.

don't open your f#cking mouth regarding race relations in american unless you want to look like a vapid pig. you don't even know you're talking about race.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  the teenager was black, in this country ahve a historic and contemporary problem with shooting unarmed black men, and the country has a history of protesting against it and contemporary protests against it. specifically these shootings and killings have come under additional scrutiny because they're increasingly being filmed in high definition.

this is inherently an issue of race and gun control. police assume black men to be more dangerous and more armed than white men and police them differently.

don't open your f#cking mouth regarding race relations in american unless you want to look like a vapid pig. you don't even know you're talking about race.
                  Okay but do we even know what race they were? Their last names are Hayes and Mohammad.

Comment

Working...
                  X