No announcement yet.

EXCLUSIVE: Tyson Fury to train in BIG BEAR for the Wilder fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
    And 6 weeks ago on BoxingScene:- https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fu...-clash--131087

Your sources are slipping, they used to be only 1 week behind the news.
    Exactly. Even wbc wbo ibf isnt this bad?

Comment

You should be a journalist you daft mule.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Not a fan of Big Bear training. I think it is a myth that it helps your stamina.
        It's a myth an awful lot of world class trainers and boxers believe then. Marquez trains at 12000 feet in the Mexican high mountains. De La Hoya and Mosley trained at Big Bear. Not only boxers but many other world class athletes including swimmers and tennis players train at high altitudes. It's not something a boxer must do to get in shape but it sure doesn't hurt or so many would not go to so much trouble to train in the mountains. Fury is no dummy and I am sure he researched it before deciding to train at Big Bear if this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
          My sources spoke to Tyson who revealed that for this training camp he's going to be going to big bear and training for the wilder fight. He also revealed that he will be sparring big Joe Joyce and others who names I cannot mention.

So what do you boxing experts make of this? Good decision to be changing training camps right before a big fight? Tyson has only ever trained in Manchester and he had a training facility in Holland Netherlands too which many don't know about.

I'm not sure what to make of this, so putting it out to you experts get your opinions on it.
          Dog Tyson said this a few weeks ago he was going to stay in Big Bear after the LA presser, its going to be freezing cold though.

Big Bear is a beautiful area, I think it was Sugar Ray Robinson who first started training out there, I think he held one camp there, but it really became a hotbed in the 1980s when Goossen had a gym out there in an airplane hanger.

I love the area though quiet and fresh air every morning you can smell the trees and the oxygen great for the lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
            whats special about big bear?
            its secluded, beautiful small town feel in the mountains, fresh air, beautiful scenery, its almost tooo calming that it relaxes you.
            Tyson is going to be training in the cold snow though this is how Big bear looks in the winter not sure if that will be good for him, he cold move his team down to Palm Springs which is sunny in the winter.

I like Lake Arrowhead better but thats for the rich people their lake is private while Big bear is a public lake.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              It's a myth an awful lot of world class trainers and boxers believe then. Marquez trains at 12000 feet in the Mexican high mountains. De La Hoya and Mosley trained at Big Bear. Not only boxers but many other world class athletes including swimmers and tennis players train at high altitudes. It's not something a boxer must do to get in shape but it sure doesn't hurt or so many would not go to so much trouble to train in the mountains. Fury is no dummy and I am sure he researched it before deciding to train at Big Bear if this is true.
              You mentioned DLH who was known to slow down at times in fights. Again, not convinced Big Bear is all that great for you. But if Tyson feels that's what he needs to do to be in tip top shape for December 1, then more power to him.

Comment

....mountains, trees, birds and the bees blah blah blahs.....

There is SPARING there, he knows he needs good work or he gets
                gassed and blown out. This could be a burner from the start or a stinker for a few rounds but eventually it's going to get hot in there!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Not a fan of Big Bear training. I think it is a myth that it helps your stamina.
                  What makes you think that?

I've recently heard a theory that some think it prematurely ages boxers doe. Not sure about that although that might be because GGG is older & is the main guy I think of today when I think Big Bear. Haven't put much thought or research into the guys who trained there exclusively or primarily back in the day who maybe burned out quicker.

Comment

This was funny at first. Boring now, you need a new gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      What makes you think that?

I've recently heard a theory that some think it prematurely ages boxers doe. Not sure about that although that might be because GGG is older & is the main guy I think of today when I think Big Bear. Haven't put much thought or research into the guys who trained there exclusively or primarily back in the day who maybe burned out quicker.
                      Like I said, where are all these great examples of it increasing stamina? If the fight was to take place in altitude it would help, but does it help otherwise? I mean it is a good area in terms of it being isolated and not much to do but train.

But by this theory of it helping fighters, shouldn't training and playing in the altitude help the Denver Nuggets out when playing other teams? Spoiler alert, it only helps them when they play at home and the opposing team who is not used to of playing in the altitude has to play there.

Comment

Working...
                      X