Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Shreds Canelo-GGG PPV: Time For HBO To Leave Boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Why not just show the f#cking fights?

The UFC & MMA in general murders this in comparison to boxing. They got mfers coming & going into the cage like mfers bout to be late.

Boxing gots all these pauses & waits. F#ck that show me boxing. On Sunday the only time they aren't showing you football is when its halftime & before it starts. Once football is on they are showing you football all f#cking day.

Boxing needs to show some f#cking boxing. F#ck pauses.
    Yeah, I was wondering why they didn't just show some of the previous matches that weren't televised. I would have preferred that over Roy's giant HGH head on the TV for 90 minutes

Comment

Yea the way they thought they can control the sport and make believe that whatever they're saying is right was what destroyed them, they weren't impartial and they were cheap, which lead to fighters leaving one after the other, Larry Merchant disrespecting almost everyone including the biggest money maker at the time which was Floyd Mayweather was one of the last straws.

They did a horrific job calling the Canelo vs GGG fight and it was very obvious they had an agenda and that they were favoring Canelo because he'd generate more money down the line than GGG would. They truly deviated from the technical aspect of the game and Max Kellerman has become unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        Yea the way they thought they can control the sport and make believe that whatever they're saying is right was what destroyed them, they weren't impartial and they were cheap, which lead to fighters leaving one after the other, Larry Merchant disrespecting almost everyone including the biggest money maker at the time which was Floyd Mayweather was one of the last straws.

They did a horrific job calling the Canelo vs GGG fight and it was very obvious they had an agenda and that they were favoring Canelo because he'd generate more money down the line than GGG would. They truly deviated from the technical aspect of the game and Max Kellerman has become unbearable.

Yea because we need commentators to call out every jab.

Instead of boom boom boom. Maybe Lampley could say jab jab jab as a favor to govlovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          I’m sorry but I’m not listening to bob arum talk about terrible undercards. Top rank ppv undercsrds were painful to watch.
          How soon they forget! Mayweather always had the best undercards when Schaefer was running things at GBP!

January 30, 2014:

"In theory, yes, it makes sense to say, let's go get a lot of good, interesting fights and put them on the [pay-per-view] undercard, but the truth is, and I've been doing this a long, long time, 90 percent of the people don't want to see the undercard and don't care about it," Arum said. "But there is a point to the argument that we should give the other 10 percent something to watch that they'll enjoy, so we decided to try to put together a fun card for them."

Arum was adamant that his research shows the vast majority of consumers buy pay-per-view cards based upon their interest in the main event. He said he also has personal experience. Arum said he attended a party to watch the Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez pay-per-view and said not many guests seemed interested in watching the very heavily praised undercard, which featured Danny Garcia against Lucas Matthysse.

"People are eating, talking to each other, having a drink, having fun, and they don't give a [expletive] about the undercard," Arum said. "Even in the arena, you're lucky to get the people in there for the semi-main."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...2446--box.html

Arum, back in the day, HATIN' because GBP was killing it with those great undercards! Maybe I'm just part of the 10%???

Comment

I agree with Bob on this one, the undercard was horrible, and I fell asleep on the fight because it took so long to get started, TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey Bob, that is a great idea and perhaps you should also leave boxing. Take the other middle men making a mockery of the sport with you.

Comment

He's got a point, waiting so long is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  How soon they forget! Mayweather always had the best undercards when Schaefer was running things at GBP!

January 30, 2014:

"In theory, yes, it makes sense to say, let's go get a lot of good, interesting fights and put them on the [pay-per-view] undercard, but the truth is, and I've been doing this a long, long time, 90 percent of the people don't want to see the undercard and don't care about it," Arum said. "But there is a point to the argument that we should give the other 10 percent something to watch that they'll enjoy, so we decided to try to put together a fun card for them."

Arum was adamant that his research shows the vast majority of consumers buy pay-per-view cards based upon their interest in the main event. He said he also has personal experience. Arum said he attended a party to watch the Floyd Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez pay-per-view and said not many guests seemed interested in watching the very heavily praised undercard, which featured Danny Garcia against Lucas Matthysse.

"People are eating, talking to each other, having a drink, having fun, and they don't give a [expletive] about the undercard," Arum said. "Even in the arena, you're lucky to get the people in there for the semi-main."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...2446--box.html

Arum, back in the day, HATIN' because GBP was killing it with those great undercards! Maybe I'm just part of the 10%???
                  Golden boy used to have excellent undercards. I remember seeing the likes of Ortiz and Jacobs regularly and Used to be really excited to see them fight

Comment

The actual undercard was fine I thought, It was the gap that was a killer. I ended up watching a couple of episodes of Ozark to pass the time.

They didn't have any floater fights to bring forward? Or couldn't of showed one of the earlier untelevised undercard fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      When I watch fights on Showtime I don't notice a bias. Pretty much ever. I'd love nothing more than to see Canelo and Golovkin get co-promoted by Arum, Haymon or even Hearn.
                      I'm sure your hatred of Oscar is the reason why....
                      What can Arum, Haymon, or Hearn do for Canelo that Oscar isn't doing??

Comment

Working...
                      X