Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luis Collazo may be Spence's next opponent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Thank you Al Haymon, you have the biggest stable out there, you sideline your fighters and pay them well for being inactive, and when they fight its meaningless crap. Al Haymon and the PBC is the worst thing to happen for actual boxing fans. Fighters fighting once a year and usually its a meaningless bollocks fight, not even any unifications by Haymon.
    Yea he $ucks

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      I figured Collazo might get the call eventually. He keeps pulling off these upsets. So Spence can't overlook this fight, but he'll win easy.

I'm glad Mikey isn't going to sacrifice himself.
      mikey vs spence is 100 times more interesting than spence vs a bum in collazo. mikey has to fight spence he's run his mouth far too much for it to not happen. if mikey backs out and ducks spence he will get slaughtered for it. people are tired of him name dropping fighters only to fight bums instead!

Comment

Smart move by Spence he know that after this he will have to fight Yordenis Ugas bacause the IBF will force that next keep him away from unification and VADA testing

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          WBC guy has already said the Porter vs Garcia winner will have to fight two mandatory fights before they can fight anyone else.

Its an ABC group so its not like their rules aren't bendable or breakable, but just saying thats what the story is currently.
          When has Suliman ever stopped a unification fight because of a mandatory? I literally can't ever recall that.
          Last edited by SkillspayBills; 09-06-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            I have no news source, so I understand that some of you won't believe me. But fwck it. This is 100% what I was told.

A buddy of mine who happens to know Collazo said he spoke to him, and Collazo told him that he was contacted about a Spence fight and are figuring out details.

It obviously appears to be a stay busy fight before he hopefully fights the Garcia-Porter winner.

Also, I would come up with someone rated higher than Collazo if I was trying to blow smoke up your arses. What do you guys think? This would probably be it for Luis. It also may not happen of course. I don't know how far along they've gotten in negotiations.
            About the level that I expected, tbh, especially with the Garcia-Porter winner likely next. Collazo, Ugas (if he wins Saturday), or Alexander (had he beat Berto).

Still, Collazo has enough fight left in him to make a go of it, imo

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
              even without the mandatories the winner of garcia vs porter can just flat out refuse to fight spence. they don't even acknowledge his existence lol.
              Well yea obviously, but I'm just saying there are issues with Spence fighting the winner if both sides WANNA fight which is gonna make this fight be unlikely out of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                Spence isn't going to 154 now, and Spence hasn't actually fought there before. He's had fights at 150 and 148 if that's what you're referring to.

And Vargas would be better than Ugas and Collazo if he didn't already have a fight lined up.

And do you honestly think Pacquiao would fight Spence? lol
                1. Do better research.

2. Who's Vargas fighting?

3. What does it matter? He should go after the fight, make some noise. Take a flight over to the Philippines and speak with the man. Great press opportunity. Win/win.

He's not doing anything, just beating up bums and saying nobody wants to fight him. Time to move up like when you were fighting in the 69kg/152lb class in the ams (since 2008 lmao) at the weight limit. Time to stay moved up.

Second fight after moving up, Crawford is fighting Benevidez. Big height and reach advantage (6'2" vs 5'8"), undefeated, good skills, past beef history. That's an exciting fight.

Meanwhile, Spence is sniffing around the chicken coop looking for tender morsels.

:gay:
                Last edited by McNulty; 09-06-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  When has Suliman ever stopped a unification fight because of a mandatory? I literally can't ever recall that.
                  I can't say I pay attention to that politics ABC sh^t to even give serious consideration of this question. I'm just saying what the WBC guy said while saying its an ABC group so they are on that Arum sh^t with I was lying yesterday, but today I'm telling the truth. I guess mainly I'm just not getting my hopes up that Spence fights someone real in his next 2 fights cuz things don't seem to be lining up like he will be. This is obviously a case I hope I'm completely incorrect on doe.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Agreed, but I still think the Mikey Garcia fight happens in January. If not, then I wonder what Garcia does. Fight his mandatory and wait for the potential Lomachenko showdown?
                    Simple answer is yes. Fight Richard Commey at some point in December/January in California, and make the Lomachenko fight for some time before the summer.

If Mikey were to win both fights without controversy, Mikey likely makes the move to 140 to Target Regis Prograis (I still think he ends up the WBC diamond/WBA/IBF 140lb champ, and that Ramirez/Arum want none of that smoke), before challenging Errol Spence Jr when he stands as WBC/WBA/IBF 147lb champion (could fight Pacquiao between the Lomachenko and Prograis fights).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      About the level that I expected, tbh, especially with the Garcia-Porter winner likely next. Collazo, Ugas (if he wins Saturday), or Alexander (had he beat Berto).

Still, Collazo has enough fight left in him to make a go of it, imo
                      I think Collazo has enough class to perhaps be a little tricky early, but I don't give him much shot if this fight happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X