Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support the practices of the meat industry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    You set up a bunch of strawmen there that I don't feel are worth addressing.

But if people spent capital and years of their lives setting up a system to feed us sickly, contaminated meat then they deserve to go bankrupt. Not to mention the morality of the whole thing which should be about more than just dollars and cents.

you gonna give me tax breaks for being moral?

or expect my business to even survive while i'm being moral and others are not?

sheesh, you 10 year olds! don't f#cking buy the food! or move to another country if you have a problem with how capitalism works or don't understand how it works and what the alternatives are! do oyu know a damn thing about state run agriculture and communism? i mean really, do you know a damn thing about the history of those two things when one controls the other?

where's the straw man, anyway? did you not say that the talents and investment of food processors and agriculture should go toward "come[ing] up with ways to have the most wholesome and health-promoting food chain possible."

did you not say that? did i build that one out of straw?
    Last edited by New England; 03-21-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      you gonna give me tax breaks for being moral?

or expect my business to even survive while i'm being moral and others are not?

sheesh, you 10 year olds! don't f#cking buy the food! or move to another country if you have a problem with how capitalism works or don't understand how it works and what the alternatives are! do oyu know a damn thing about state run agriculture and communism? i mean really, do you know a damn thing about the history of those two things when one controls the other?

where's the straw man, anyway? did you not say that the talents and investment of food processors and agriculture should go toward "come[ing] up with ways to have the most wholesome and health-promoting food chain possible."

did you not say that? did i build that one out of straw?
      You shouldn't make a profit out of dumping nuclear waste wherever you feel like. I don't care how much capital and time you invested in coming up with a scheme to do so.

People used to have moral values that gave them a compass to know not to do things like that. And capitalism worked just fine.

Now, people such as yourself would prefer to ignore that moral compass and just make money however you can no matter how much it might hurt others. As long as there is no law to stop you it's all good, right?

That's the new face of capitalism. Where everyone is out for themselves and **** the public good, the environment, our children's future etc.....

Comment

You shouldn't make a profit out of dumping nuclear waste wherever you feel like. I don't care how much capital and time you invested in coming up with a scheme to do so.

People used to have moral values that gave them a compass to know not to do things like that. And capitalism worked just fine.

Now, people such as yourself would prefer to ignore that moral compass and just make money however you can no matter how much it might hurt others. As long as there is no law to stop you it's all good, right?

That's the new face of capitalism. Where everyone is out for themselves and **** the public good, the environment, our children's future etc.....

dog if you live in the northeast you've probably eaten something that has gone through a machine i ahve sold, or that has a label on it that i used to sell.

you think my customers, almost entirely food processors and even some vertical operations where they farm, process, package, and sell, are dumping out nuclear waste?

holy **** are you clueless! nuclear waste!

and no, it's not all about laws! it's about your wallet! if people deem the practices of farmers and food processors to be something they don't support they should stop buying the products. prices will go up, but you'll limit animal suffering. i love animals. i'll sit on the floor and talk to the dog at a stranger's party, and the dogs appreciate me for it. one of my best customers is a 150-200 cow dairy that's over 110 years old! you have no idea how much they care about those cows! none! the woman in charge of husbandry and the cows general wellbeing knows them by name and they're kept warm, safe from predation, and healthy. cows stop giving a **** about you taking their babies after about six hours. feed them corn and they're very, very content. they are not these intelligent, altruistic beings you seem to think they are. they're livestock. these are not dogs, or even horses.

yeah, it sucks to know that male cows often become veal, but i don't eat veal, and if nobody ate veal that practice would stop! that's capitalism!

your problem, like most vegan ******* you read about, is that you've never once stepped food on a farm, food processing facility, dairy, etc. not once.
        Last edited by New England; 03-21-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          dog if you live in the northeast you've probably eaten something that has gone through a machine i ahve sold, or that has a label on it that i used to sell.

you think my customers, almost entirely food processors and even some vertical operations where they farm, process, package, and sell, are dumping out nuclear waste?

holy **** are you clueless! nuclear waste!

and no, it's not all about laws! it's about your wallet! if people deem the practices of farmers and food processors to be something they don't support they should stop buying the products. prices will go up, but you'll limit animal suffering. i love animals. i'll sit on the floor and talk to the dog at a stranger's party, and the dogs appreciate me for it. one of my best customers is a 150-200 cow dairy that's over 110 years old! you have no idea how much they care about those cows! none! the woman in charge of husbandry and the cows general wellbeing knows them by name and they're kept warm, safe from predation, and healthy. cows stop giving a **** about you taking their babies after about six hours. feed them corn and they're very, very content. they are not these intelligent, altruistic beings you seem to think they are. they're livestock. these are not dogs, or even horses.

yeah, it sucks to know that male cows often become veal, but i don't eat veal, and if nobody ate veal that practice would stop! that's capitalism!

your problem, like most vegan ******* you read about, is that you've never once stepped food on a farm, food processing facility, dairy, etc. not once.
          Never set foot on a farm.

You have no idea what area of the country I'm from and the type of jobs we had to do growing up.

But I think it's clear that for you the bottom line is profit above all else. And as long as people play by that rule then you'll excuse a lot of bad ****.

I think capitalisn worked better when this country was a mostly devout Christian nation. Now that more and more people have become immoral capitalism has become an excuse to do whatever you want as long as you're making that paper.

Comment

Never set foot on a farm.

You have no idea what area of the country I'm from and the type of jobs we had to do growing up.

But I think it's clear that for you the bottom line is profit above all else. And as long as people play by that rule then you'll excuse a lot of bad ****.

I think capitalisn worked better when this country was a mostly devout Christian nation. Now that more and more people have become immoral capitalism has become an excuse to do whatever you want as long as you're making that paper.

so have you more experience with the industry than i do, as soembody who has worked with food processors and distributors almost exclusively over the last half a decade or so, and who has sold them millions in captital equipment?

they just didn't let me into the rooom in the back where they pipe all of their NUCLEAR FREAKING WASTE into rivers, i guess

are the industries perfect? nope. never once have i said they were. but are these companies all dumping nuclear waste into rivers? IDK bruh you're the expert there. they never let me see the pipes of nuclear waste and feces they pumped into the town water supply.

clueless little vegan gypsies. don't you have to be female and take a pictures of your hairy armpits to qualify, or something?

let's see you take this one full circle. how are the jews responsible for this!? that's what i really need to know!

Comment

50+ billion animals are slaughtered each year to meet global demand for meat, 70% of fish stocks have disappeared, and rain forests all over the world are being destroyed mainly to create grazing land in parts of the world where cows have no business being. What do people expect these companies do? You hear people say things like, 'you gotta stick to grass fed, free range produce, bro', but 20-30% of the world's land is already used for grazing, so there wouldn't be enough land in the world to be able to raise livestock 'ethically'.
              So, if we want to keep eating the way we're eating then factory farming isn't going anywhere, when in reality, we should probably be eating less meat and seafood anyway.
              Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 03-21-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                felons, hyenas and pigeons are the only creatures that i dgaf about being tortured. i dont think there is a humane way of cooking shellfish.

there really is no reason for an animal to suffer, if it can be avoided.
                Why pigeons?

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                  Why pigeons?

Comment

Working...
                  X