No announcement yet.

It always happens in 3's. First Craig Mack. Then Stephen Hawkings. Now this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    The internet killed circuit city, toys r us, etc.
    the next casualties will be RadioShack and Best Buy.
    It’s hard for brick and mortars to compete.
    Eventually I think consumers will miss being able to go and see the product in stores
    Radio Shack is about done aren't they for? They closed a bunch of radio shacks last year iirc.

Ahhh man don't say Best Buy. Thats one of the few stores I like. I haven't noticed any of them closing down yet, but not paying that much attention to it either really.

These brick n mortar stores need to figure this sh^t out quick or there isn't gonna be a thing as a retail store pretty soon. I can easily see a future where there are just corner stores & delivery drones flying peoples less immediate need type sh^t to their house.

I think Amazon is gonna get busted up sooner or later. They are gonna have too much of a monopoly going on (sh^t they arguably already do).

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      How you f#ck up selling toys? Parents making DIY toys now or something? Or they just another casualty of Amazon?
      They're literal crooks who overprice everything because they're a "Premium Toy Store".

Comment

How you f#ck up selling toys? Parents making DIY toys now or something? Or they just another casualty of Amazon?
        overpriced toys.

Comment

Radio Shack is about done aren't they for? They closed a bunch of radio shacks last year iirc.

Ahhh man don't say Best Buy. Thats one of the few stores I like. I haven't noticed any of them closing down yet, but not paying that much attention to it either really.

These brick n mortar stores need to figure this sh^t out quick or there isn't gonna be a thing as a retail store pretty soon. I can easily see a future where there are just corner stores & delivery drones flying peoples less immediate need type sh^t to their house.

I think Amazon is gonna get busted up sooner or later. They are gonna have too much of a monopoly going on (sh^t they arguably already do).
          If any monopoly needs to be busted up it is probably Walmart.
          They have put tons of small businesses across the commercial spectrum out of business.
          They pay their workers crap wages with minimum benefits
          Not to mention they sell a ton of trash from China

Comment

If any monopoly needs to be busted up it is probably Walmart.
            They have put tons of small businesses across the commercial spectrum out of business.
            They pay their workers crap wages with minimum benefits
            Amazon is gonna take care of that for the government I feel like.

Walmart is fighting a losing battle. That sh^t is gonna be like Netflix & Blockbuster all over again although probably more drawn out cuz Walmart is a lot stronger than Blockbuster ever was.

Comment

I never went there often. My mom took me to Target and Kmart because toys there were cheaper.

**** Toys R Us.

Comment

Amazon plain and simple.

Comment

I remember growing up the first time my parents took me to ToysRus.
                  The amazement I had upon seeing rows upon rows of toys.
                  I had fun just hanging out in the store for half an hour even though my parents only got me one cheap trinket.
                  My uncle bought me my first video game system from ToysRus, NES, with duck hunt and super Mario.
                  Them were the days.

Comment

I think microcenter is proving there is still a market for places like Radio Shack & Circuit City. Those two didn't adjust

Comment

...Walmart.

I don't know if you remember, but they used to be the polar opposite. They had "Made in America" signs all over those stores in the 1980s.

If you watch that movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, pay attention to the background in the scene where Clark and Cousin Eddie are out shopping. That's a real Wal-Mart from back then. You can see those signs all over the aisles in the background.

Comment

Working...
                      X