No announcement yet.

Golovkin wanted to fight Carl Froch at 166

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin wanted to fight Carl Froch at 166

Frock is a coward. Can't lose two lbs? Blah!

Comment

Team Golovkin mentioned 168 in multiple interviews at that time. Froch never said anything about 166 being the reason for his hesitation back then. He was talking about not being hungry and his wife wants him to retire. It was all over the media for one year. Now, 3 years later, he suddenly talks about weight being the reason that fight fell through. I think it's laughable. He just can't stand fans still put the blame on him. He should have never entertained that fight back then, because he was never serious about it.

Comment

This Triple L has to drain these guys man!

Comment

This is one fight i wanted to see badly before froch retired. Dude btched and moaned about calzaghe not giving him a shot yet he kinda did the same to GG.. he had the momentum after knocking groves out im a stunning fashion. The timing was perfect for him to fave GGG after.

Stylewise this matchup fascinates me so much. I doubt GG would have been able to have his way with Froch just as he did with the previous bums hes fought.

Comment

Lol first it was he wanted to fight me 164. Then 166. LMAO. Just admit you didn't want to take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              This Triple L has to drain these guys man!
              Triple l yet he is undefeated lmfao
              Aren't you a Floyd fan? He has like 3-4 CW fights lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                Triple l yet he is undefeated lmfao
                Aren't you a Floyd fan? He has like 3-4 CW fights lmfao
                I was being sarcastic.

Aimed at OP

Comment

Lil g never wants to take risks but calls others "businessmen" can't wait til canelo ends the hype train

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                    Lil g never wants to take risks but calls others "businessmen" can't wait til canelo ends the hype train
                    He was willing to move up in weight to fight the #2 guy in the division. Without a tuneup fight, without getting acclimated at the weight.

If that isn't a risk, then you're clearly biased and should be ignored.

Comment

Working...
                    X