No announcement yet.

Carl Froch was right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Quillin also fought to a draw with Lee who was beat by Chavez Jr and Saunders. Give me more names on Jacobs resume. Names that are better than Taylor, Kessler, Dirrell.
    The resumes don't determine who's a better boxer, which was my initial point. Does Froch have a better resume than Jacobs? Of course he does. But does that make him a better boxer? No it does not.

He lost a decision to Mikkel Kessler!!! Did you watch Kessler fights? The guy was a robot. Your quintessential European Robot. Not saying Kessler was a bum, but the dude was a stiff as they come. Then he get embarrassed by Dirrell and got a gift in that fight. Barely survived against Taylor. I could go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
      still think GGG beats Froch. but the way his fanboys are cryng about a 10 lbs weight advantage for Jacobs I don't think they really want GGG to fight at 168. those guys would outweigh him by more.
      But at 168, both fighters would have to adhere to the same weigh-in rules, no? Both guys showing up for all weigh-ins? No special opt-outs for guys that want to pack on some extra pounds?

Because that wasn't the case in the Golovkin/Jacobs fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        The resumes don't determine who's a better boxer, which was my initial point. Does Froch have a better resume than Jacobs? Of course he does. But does that make him a better boxer? No it does not.

He lost a decision to Mikkel Kessler!!! Did you watch Kessler fights? The guy was a robot. Your quintessential European Robot. Not saying Kessler was a bum, but the dude was a stiff as they come. Then he get embarrassed by Dirrell and got a gift in that fight. Barely survived against Taylor. I could go on and on.
        You determine how good a fighter is by the level of competition they face aka resume. That was proven this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
          But at 168, both fighters would have to adhere to the same weigh-in rules, no? Both guys showing up for all weigh-ins? No special opt-outs for guys that want to pack on some extra pounds?

Froch isn't an IBF champ so why would he have to adhere to a second day weigh in?

Comment

They wanted a catchweight and rehydration clause for Edwin Rodriguez ffs!!

“I would love to [fight Gennady], his team and promotional company send me a contract to fight at 164lbs and next day they say I have to be 10lbs off. They go on HBO and say they’re big enough to fight anybody from 154 to 168, after I win this tournament I’m open if you want to fight me. My weight is 168lbs, come and get it.”

Rodriguez explained further that not only was he dissatisfied with the terms of the fight, but he also felt frustrated about the situation in its entirety and even took a stab at what a catch weight could suggest about the confidence in Golovkin and his team.

“Don’t send me a contract saying I have to be 10lbs off or come down to a catch weight, I’m a super middleweight and you said you’d fight anyone from 154 to 168 but then you’re fighting guys at light middleweights. If you’re really as good as you say and your team really believes you’re that good then move up and fight me at 168 and stop sending me contracts that aren’t even worth looking at.”
            http://thaboxingvoice.com/edwin-rodr...r-froch/11173/

They thought Rodriguez was to big for GGG. Of course Froch would be to big.

Comment

Froch is biased as ****

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post

stop it man.. Jacobs outweighed him by maybe 5-10 lbs. big ****in deal.

so many damn tears.

do you know how big Canelo gets fight night? GGG better stay far away.

and these same people crying have no problem wirh GGG fighting 40 year old Floyd at 154 knowing GGG would have 15-20 lbs on him fight night.

hypocrites.

Jacobs did nothing wrong. he made 160. it doesn't matter what he weighs the next day.

Comment

Working...
                X