No announcement yet.

Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 was a PPV disaster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 was a PPV disaster

Last weekend’s controversial Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 event failed to produce in the pay-per-view department.

This according to the LA Times Lance Pugmire who recently reported that Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 buys could be as low as 30,000.

“Industry source tells me the Liddell-Ortiz PPV buys may be as low as 30,000….but the Tiger-Phil golf might reach 1 million (all refunded, but a glimpse of what a low price can generate).”

LAT reporting #LiddellOrtiz3 PPV buys may be as low as 30k. Yahoo reporting they’ve heard 25k.”

Tito Ortiz defeated Chuck Liddell in the very first-round of their fight last Saturday night in Inglewood. “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” dropped “The Iceman” with a right hand and then promptly put him away with ground and pound.

With the win, Tito Ortiz improves to 4-1 in has past five fights overall.

As for Chuck Liddell, the 48-year-old mixed martial arts legend has not tasted victory since defeating Wanderlei Silva at UFC 79.

What did you think of last weekend’s Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 fight? Sound off in the comments section PENN Nation!

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/gold...-ppv-disaster/

It was supposed to be good numbers? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      It was supposed to be good numbers? Lol
      They were hoping for 200k. Ortiz & Liddells payout relied heavily on ppv#s. Without ppv#s their purses were around 250k each

Comment

Randomly did Oscar hire Tito or something? I finally got around to watching this whole fight & Tito was offering Chuck a job with Golden Boy MMA after the KO lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          They were hoping for 200k. Ortiz & Liddells payout relied heavily on ppv#s. Without ppv#s their purses were around 250k each
          200k?! How!? Lol.

They can barely do that in boxing outside of a few fighters. Ouch.

Chuck’s age and performance is a direct reflection of what numbers would/should look like though. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            200k for 2 very faded fighters? Not even with a stacked card could they generate those numbers.

Comment

So much for those HIGH PPV Percentages

Comment

I don't know why they expected more. They're too far past relevance for casual fans and hard core fans had no interest in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  I don't know why they expected more. They're too far past relevance for casual fans and hard core fans had no interest in the fight.
                  I think everyone expected Tito to get revenge

Comment

These guys say they built the sport then missed out on the millions they would have made

But when you look into it some of the other fighters did cash out in a realistic way by becoming successful trainers or investing their lump-sum prize money etc...

Liddell opened a failed brick and mortar retail store called "Ultimate Iceman" that sold a full range of "Iceman" memorabilia (lmao) and Tito married a so-called "adult actress" which inevitably ended in police intervention.

I dunno man. I feel like no matter when they came in they were both destined to go broke for the same reason so many boxers and NBA players go broke. It's called dumb.
                    Last edited by ////; 12-10-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X