No announcement yet.

my thoughts on last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my thoughts on last night

first off...hats off to tyson fury. what a heart. ive always liked the guy but now he officially won me over...im a big fan now....the comeback...the way he fought...the way he picked himself up....the way he handled himself after the fight...the way he called AJ a chicken....fury has himself a new fan through and through...and i suspect im not alone

fury executed his gameplan beautifully....he was boxing wilders ears off....the size,,,the reach..the timing...the awkwardness...it all bothered wilder

when i saw the final punch stats i was suprised...i actually thought fury dominated them even further than the stats showed

the announce team said it a few times during the fight...that the prevailing thought was "fury has to be perfect for 36 minutes...wilder only needs to be perfect for a few seconds"...it sounded like some really corny cliche and ended up ringing 100 percent true

thats the thing about wilder...he got his ears boxed up and still sent a guy down twice and i dont think anyone really thought fury was getting up in the 12th....wilder knew he was getting beat and embarrassed and still found a way to almost end it

it took wilder 12 rounds to finally find where furys head was going to be when he got a big right off...the KD in the 9th was sort of to the back of the head and not real clean shot like the 12th was....fury was doing a good job of bending and being out of the way of that shot every time wilder threw it

wilders team has apparently made some mention that wilder can improve where they dont think fury can when they meet again.....i sort of see what they are saying....and at the least they better hope that....wilder has now seen it live for 12 rounds...fury not easy to replicate in camp and sparring...at least now theyve had a look.....

hats off to tyson fury though...cant say enough about him....he looked pretty damn good...idc what peoples opinions of him are...i think hes legit top 3-4 guy right now....he may not be guy that fought wlad...but he also isnt far off at all....and in some ways might be a bit a better...the guy has heart and i wish him continued success in the ring and out of it

hopefully wilder takes something from this and goes back in the gym with an emphasis on adding more wrinkles to his game....because just doing what he does cant be relied on in a rematch and going forward against AJ or anyone....its hard to teach an older dog new tricks...but wilder needs more

i really dont wanna hear anything about a robbery or any of that BS nonsense...when you lose two rounds 10-8 is pretty hard to get a W......the draw was fair....it was a hail mary miracle for wilder but it did happen and its fair....anyone claming otherwise is just bitter and unrealistic....

anyways...good night of fights....main event was a one sided boxing match mostly with some high drama...overall worth the price and i hope these guys do it again....im thinking wilder may want to take a kownacki fight or something and then do it again

your part of the small percentage of people that actually have a brain on boxing scene.

Comment

What a ****** you are

Log off and stop posting

Wilder only won 2-3 rounds max in that fight

For a draw to happen you have to give wilder 4 of the rounds and more for him to win

Some of you nut huggers backing your fav fighter because of race or whatever are a cancer to the sport
      Just like the other ****** agreeing with you here

Comment

so u want wilder to go back to fighting in fights that make him look good and not in any close fights lmao

u wilder fans man lol

also lmao @ that being a better fury than pre coke & pie binge fury

Comment

lolol...for the record

my "race" identifies more with fury than it does wilder and its not even close lol

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
            so u want wilder to go back to fighting in fights that make him look good and not in any close fights lmao

u wilder fans man lol

also lmao @ that being a better fury that pre coke & pie binge fury
            i dont want him to go back to anything...but im saying...he seemed like, in his post fight interview, he was thinking about taking a stay busy lighter touch, then doing a rematch.....even fury seemed like he was thinking he wanted one too......it was a tense promotion.....pressers and interviews and alot of work for both guys......both guys sounded like they needed a break or vacation

id love to see them do it again in 5-6 months...just not sure they are going to right away

Comment

Let's all discount that he won every round of the fight, because this wilder fanboy ****** says so

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Let's all discount that he won every round of the fight, because this wilder fanboy ****** says so
                ahhh

here we go...there it is!

the bitter, unrealistic, haters are out!!! knew it was a matter of time! you have a blessed day lil boy!!! god bless america the gypsy king is back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  ahhh

here we go...there it is!

the bitter, unrealistic, haters are out!!! knew it was a matter of time! you have a blessed day lil boy!!! god bless america the gypsy king is back!!!!
                  yeah we're unrealistic

The only people in boxing history who thinks a draw is fair, are the ones happy to get a draw.

No difference here

Comment

Wilder won't improve, he just can't.

He has never had any type of boxing brain, its blatantly obvious.

All he is is ridiculous levers, athleticism and pretty good beard.

Some of his 'technique ' last night was just horrible to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X