Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really like Angulo's chances against Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows that I'm down with Canelo but I really think Angulo can pull the upset. He looked great against a technical fighter when he fought Lara and I'm not sure canelo likes being forced to exchange. Anyone else have some thoughts?
    I agree, Angulo has a chance, the major concern is, Angulo is so damn slow, seriously, you can see his punches coming a mile off and Canelo, for all the stick he took post Mayweather, is a decent counter puncher and has good handspeed.

I think Canelo eeks out a UD but if Angulo can up his punch speed then he could get a KO here.

Comment

come on, if canelo got his ass KOED, it will be another happy day @ NSB

Comment

I might consider throwing a few bucks on Angulo even tho we dunno how his eye is. But hey, that's why it's called gambling.

They did say he didn't break any bones tho. So we will see.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I agree, Angulo has a really great shot at winning. Why? It's because Canelo's feet are slow as hell. He's not going to be able to just move and he's going to be forced to 'fight' Angulo instead.

Now that I think about it, as long as Angulo isn't a complete ****** like he was against Kirkland, he will probably grind down Canelo.

Comment

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm down with Canelo but I really think Angulo can pull the upset. He looked great against a technical fighter when he fought Lara and I'm not sure canelo likes being forced to exchange. Anyone else have some thoughts?
            I agree. We may see Canelo hurt a few times. When Canelo is pressured his punch output goes way down. I see Angulo overwhelming him and winning a decision. I would say KO but Canelo stops throwing punches so he becomes very defensive.

Comment

Angulo definitely has a chance. They way he caught up to Lara and applied pressure was, lets say revealing. If we think critically I'd say it's safe to presume that if he found Lara, he can find Canelo. And Canelo doesn't have the stamina to fight a fight of attrition against a power puncher like Angulo.

As you know I've given Canelo his credit. But I do believe Angulo will shock the world in this one.

Comment

I like Canelo to box and move and offensively use the types of shots Lara found success with. ANgulo has taken a lot of punishment and his defene wont be able to prevent Canelo from dishing out even more.

I expect Canelo to win by late stoppage or wide UD. Angulo may take a career ending beating in this fight.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-15-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Angulo gets hit a lot, I see Canelo putting together enough punches to edge this guy on points. Canelo doesn't have the biggest toolkit but its definitely bigger than his.

Comment

Do you still think Canelo is a "great" or has that view changed now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Angulo definitely has a chance. They way he caught up to Lara and applied pressure was, lets say revealing. If we think critically I'd say it's safe to presume that if he found Lara, he can find Canelo. And Canelo doesn't have the stamina to fight a fight of attrition against a power puncher like Angulo.

As you know I've given Canelo his credit. But I do believe Angulo will shock the world in this one.
                      I'm wondering, will this be the same after the fight if Canelo wins or will this be another one of those classic "I was lieing" situations?

Comment

Working...
                      X