Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support the practices of the meat industry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    So far you admit to the danger of developing antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria and that ammonia can be toxic in high doses.

Do we really need those to be present in the food supply?

Personally I think these "very smart people" are using their talents in the pursuit of efficiency and profit, instead of trying to come up with ways to have the most wholesome and health-promoting food chain possible.

But they have to dance to the tune of those who pay their salaries I guess. The welfare of their fellow man is not a top priority at that point.

Antibiotic resistant is inevitable. Eventually the resistant bacteria will prevail. and we have top make a new drug.

The only way to slow it down is to not use the drugs at all and therefore let people or animals die.

The real solution is fund research into new drugs. (its not worth big Pharma's time or money)

As for the rest theres simply no health concerns, the first rule of toxicology is the dose makes the poison.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Antibiotic resistant is inevitable. Eventually the resistant bacteria will prevail. and we have top make a new drug.

The only way to slow it down is to not use the drugs at all and therefore let people or animals die.

The real solution is fund research into new drugs. (its not worth big Pharma's time or money)

As for the rest theres simply no health concerns, the first rule of toxicology is the dose makes the poison.
      Antibiotic resistance has been accelerated because of the widespread overuse of the drugs. Something that the "very smart people" either didn't foresee or didn't do a good job of warning against.

As for Big Pharma, why is it that having a healthy, happy populace seems to never be worth their time or money? Maybe we should stop supporting them with our $$$ if their interests and ours are not going to coincide?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Everything we eat has something in it. Fruits and veggies are sprayed with harmful pesticides. Even the organic produce is treated with organic pesticides that are just as harmful. If you really want to eat clean you have to grow it yourself or buy "pesticide free" which is going to cost you at the register.

I still see people living to 80+ in the U.S. eating all this chemically treated meat and produce, so until the life expectancy in the U.S. drops below 65 I won't give it too much thought. But, I would not be surprised to learn that the Big Pharma companies who develop cancer treatment drugs are also supplying these chemicals to the meat industry to keep themselves in business from both ends. One kills you, the other cures you and a win-win for Big Pharma and the chemical companies.
        the life expectancy will drop, the reason it's 80+ is because all the WWII generation ate and lived really healthy when they were kids and young adults, they ate oatmeal for breakfast every day and there wasn't near the level of pollution we have now, big concentrations started showing up in the environment in the early 70's. the life expectancy will drop when we are all old, or it will be a situation where only drugs are keeping us all alive

Antibiotic resistance has been accelerated because of the widespread overuse of the drugs. Something that the "very smart people" either didn't foresee or didn't do a good job of warning against.

As for Big Pharma, why is it that having a healthy, happy populace seems to never be worth their time or money? Maybe we should stop supporting them with our $$$ if their interests and ours are not going to coincide?
        people being happy and healthy means no quarterly dividends, unfortunately there's no getting rid of big pharma now, they're too powerful, they probably own at least half of american politicians

Comment

My grandparents lived til late 80s and ate tons of pork and beef nearly everyday. Genetics matter more than anything. If you are meant to get a disease then you probably will even if you eat super clean. Just don't get too fat and you will likely be ok.

Comment

No, its quite cancerous

Comment

That's partly why I eat mostly wild seafood and vegetables from reputable sources.

The other reason is that farmed livestock is high in cholesterol density and low in natural nutrients if fed on manufactured feeds.

I have a specific body fat percentage to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                That's partly why I eat mostly wild seafood and vegetables from reputable sources.

The other reason is that farmed livestock is high in cholesterol density and low in natural nutrients if fed on manufactured feeds.

I have a specific body fat percentage to maintain.
                Be careful with seafood from the Pacific. What with Fukushima and all.

Comment

Be careful with seafood from the Pacific. What with Fukushima and all.
                  Yes that's true, the dangerous thing about radioactive material is that it stays in your genes for generations, so whatever radioactive materials you accumulate, your descendents will be affected by.

Studies supposedly say that the fallout from fukushima is extremely negligible but I don't trust all the studies entirely.

The thing is ever since I started my mostly fish diet a few years ago, my energy levels and overall health have spiked and I progressively get in better and better shape every year, so I keep at it.

Comment

So far you admit to the danger of developing antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria and that ammonia can be toxic in high doses.

Do we really need those to be present in the food supply?

Personally I think these "very smart people" are using their talents in the pursuit of efficiency and profit, instead of trying to come up with ways to have the most wholesome and health-promoting food chain possible.

But they have to dance to the tune of those who pay their salaries I guess. The welfare of their fellow man is not a top priority at that point.

well excuse me for expecting people investing years of their lives and most of their capital into something and not being willing to do it just so you can have the most wholesome and health promoting food chain possible

holy **** do you 10 year old, jew fearing communists read a word you say?

is this f#cking russia? do you want the state to own your farm? do you know how that has ended up historically?

if you have a problem with these practices don't buy insanely processed food. i don't. that's how capitalism works.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      well excuse me for expecting people investing years of their lives and most of their capital into something and not being willing to do it just so you can have the most wholesome and health promoting food chain possible

holy **** do you 10 year old, jew fearing communists read a word you say?

is this f#cking russia? do you want the state to own your farm? do you know how that has ended up historically?

if you have a problem with these practices don't buy insanely processed food. i don't. that's how capitalism works.
                      You set up a bunch of strawmen there that I don't feel are worth addressing.

But if people spent capital and years of their lives setting up a system to feed us sickly, contaminated meat then they deserve to go bankrupt. Not to mention the morality of the whole thing which should be about more than just dollars and cents.

Comment

Working...
                      X