Showtime disrespecting Lennox Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe and Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime disrespecting Lennox Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe and Douglas

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShowtimeB...04605016158208

Former Undisputed Heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis got word that Showtime stated when Joshua, Wilder and Parker all fight each other that it will be the first Undisputed Heavyweight Champion since Mike Tyson.

If memory serves me well, Buster Douglas, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe and Lennox Lewis all became Undisputed Heavyweight Champions as well. Showtime says that since there was a champion in 89 with the WBO that it no longer was Undisputed?

I recall the WBO not being a major sanctioning body until the early to mid 2000's.

Years from now if the WBF and WBU become major sanctioning bodies, they will say Joshua or Wilder weren't Undisputed because they didn't fight the WBF and WBU Heavyweight Champion. Lol, WTF is this ****. I would say about 97% or 98% of people who commented on Twitter are backing Lewis instead of Showtime.

Go ahead and share your thoughts
    Last edited by True That; 03-21-2018, 02:11 AM.

Wilder is the goat

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Wilder is the goat
      He hasn't done anything yet to be compared to Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe or Tyson. Learn some history youngster.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
        He hasn't done anything yet to be compared to Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe or Tyson. Learn some history youngster.
        Yet.. when he retires 51-0 you will have no choice but to accept greatness and really bowe?? he’s not a all time great

Comment

WBO was a sanctioning body. WBU and WBF are not.

Comment

Yet.. when he retires 51-0 you will have no choice but to accept greatness and really bowe?? he’s not a all time great

At this point in time right now Bowe is better than anything Wilder has done. And I never said Bowe was an all time great, I said Wilder can't compare right now to those 4 guys.

Get out of here with your B.S. 51-0 fantasy talk. Learn boxing history kid. I don't have time to talk to kids, especially if you have no idea what you're talking about. Respect is given accordingly and with time if Wilder proves himself he will earn it. Quit the nonsense talk and troll B.S. I'm not a kid and don't have time for it.
            Last edited by True That; 03-21-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
              WBO was a sanctioning body. WBU and WBF are not.
              I don't care if it's IBO, IBU, WBU, WBF, WWF, WWE, etc.........whatever

The WBO was not recognized as one of the "major" sanctioning bodies in 1999.

It took awhile for the other 3 major bodies WBA, IBF and WBC to recognize the WBO as a major sanctioning body. WBA began recognizing the WBO in 2001, the WBC in 2004 and the IBF in 2007. It took until 2007 for all 3 sanctioning bodies to recognize the WBO.
              Last edited by True That; 03-21-2018, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Wilder is the goat
                Or one of the biggest frauds in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                  At this point in time right now Bowe is better than anything Wilder has done. And I never said Bowe was an all time great, I said Wilder can't compare right now to those 4 guys.

Get out of here with your B.S. 51-0 fantasy talk. Learn boxing history kid. I don't have time to talk to kids, especially if you have no idea what you're talking about. Respect is given accordingly and with time if Wilder proves himself he will earn it. Quit the nonsense talk and troll B.S. I'm not a kid and don't have time for it.
                  I’m not a kid I’m stating facts wilder will be the goat, bowe was lazy and out of shape he has nothing on wilder, and Holyfield was a cruiser . Tyson got stopped everytime he stepped up and Lennox is the only one you named who was better than the active wbc hw champ.

Comment

I’m not a kid I’m stating facts wilder will be the goat, bowe was lazy and out of shape he has nothing on wilder, and Holyfield was a cruiser . Tyson got stopped everytime he stepped up and Lennox is the only one you named who was better than the active wbc hw champ.

Bowe became Undisputed as did Tyson and Holyfield beat and fought those Giants, had wars with them. And Lennox did his thing as well. The quality, competition and level of Heavyweights was greater back then than now, no comparison. That era had better overall Heavyweights than the guys Wilder has fought so far. That's not debatable. Wilder has not become Undisputed yet has he, that's something Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield and Bowe has already done. Wilder has fought 2 top 10 Heavyweights in his 40 fight career so far, so stop it fanboy, just stop it. Smh
                    As I said, only time will tell the story of Wilder, Joshua, Fury, etc... We have to see how they do. These guys are nowhere near the top 10 Heavyweights of all time. Way too premature to compare Wilder or anyone from this era yet to the champs and greats of yesteryear. That ain't opinion, that is fact. You talk like a fanboy that is not realistic, objective or honest about the sport of boxing. You're too young to know about the quality of Heavyweights back then, I witnessed it and lived through it. You can't comment on it if you haven't experienced the era of Heavyweights from the 80's to today. Lol, your comments and fanboy way of thinking is absurd.
                    Last edited by True That; 03-21-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X