Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Pacquiaos left straight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Pacquiaos left straight?

First of all, I judge boxing cards unbiased and try and not pay attention to what max kellerman or what Roy jones says. I knew that if it was a close fight and went the distance, PAC would get the nod because of the first controversial fight.

This fight had me sweating the first few rounds. Bradley was throwing bombs after bombs and actually landed a few. I knew by the 8-12th round he would tire out and get slower due to the blood rushing in his bodybuilderesque upper body. Especially his arms. Was that the plan for team pacquiao? To tire out Bradley and pepper him with shots?

Also noticed PACs punches were not as crisp and it was thrown with less conviction then I'm used to seeing. They looked like point punches 85% of the time, he was not going for the knockout. I'm sure the JMM Ko made him much more cautious in this fight which leads me to my next question...

What happened to Pacs straight left? I barely saw them... Was it because timmy had the left hook to the body counter? Or was the plan to eliminate that from PACs arsenal for this fight because team Bradley was focused on nullifying that punch?

Overall great fight, i had it 7-5 PAC

he landed it a few times. it was still crisp but not as crisp as before. timmy has lot of movements as always. kudos to him for actually trying to pressed it. 8-4 pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      he landed it a few times. it was still crisp but not as crisp as before. timmy has lot of movements as always. kudos to him for actually trying to pressed it. 8-4 pacquiao.

This. Pac was having a ton of trouble early as Bradley had his legs and was getting out of range and exploiting Pac as he commited and was countering him to the body and chin with huge shots. Bradley stunned Pac and from about then on I think he fell inlove with the idea he could hurt Pac.. once Bradley seemed to stop boxing and go straight for wild counters the fight started to look different. I had Bradley winning some of the rounds but physically and visually he appeared to be losing the fight.

Comment

yea, pac either fought scared or really stuck to the rios gameplan(which was throw arm punches while moving alot)

terrible fight, terrible performance, pacquiao is not beating mayweather fighting like that, and his headhunting made me want to puke

bradley could have easily won that fight had he not gone full ****** and just boxed with single powershots, or maybe he didn't realise what actual powershots take out of you and gassed, i dunno, the entire fight seemed incredibly stupid

Comment

yea, pac either fought scared or really stuck to the rios gameplan(which was throw arm punches while moving alot)

terrible fight, terrible performance, pacquiao is not beating mayweather fighting like that, and his headhunting made me want to puke

bradley could have easily won that fight had he not gone full ****** and just boxed with single powershots, or maybe he didn't realise what actual powershots take out of you and gassed, i dunno, the entire fight seemed incredibly stupid

Comment

Great fight

Pacs left was busy blocking the looping wild right. 8-4 is my take. Great bradley hook on the 4th though but quick recovery by PAC after. Bradley came prepared to absorb whatever power shots PAC could land. Opted to headhunt I guess coz they suspect the chin coz of the Marquez loss. PAC did real good, bradley is no push over. Young and hungry.. Old age is catching up with PAC though. Those muscle cramps is becoming too frequent and muscle breakdown is of course attributed to age. After the way PAC boxed with RIOS bradley camp knew that if they did box it was gonna be close or PAC lands as much as he did during their first fight so that is why I think they decided to semi brawl by timing an overhand right that seems to be effective when PAC shoots his combos. Age too and his knockout loss improved Pacs intelligence which was evident when his corner came up with a counter to the looping right bradley was armed with. PAC May be old but his adjustment against his age is perfect. I think PBF is still a winnable fight for him. 50/50 IMO. Both can win via ud. Conditioning and strategy will be crucial. My two cents

Comment

He lands it when he leads with it. When he tried to set it up with his jab and really sit down on it Bradley took evasive action the majority of the time. Lunging with it is dangerous so he just doesn't throw it as much.

I was actually way more surprised at the near complete absence of his rear uppercut. I thought that was going to be a big weapon this time and he barely threw it at all, even when the openings were there for it.

Comment

Working...
              X