Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most wins vs. former or current world titlists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Floyd fought "Chico" Marx he'd be his toughest fight!
    However "Chino" was a south american club fighter who beat up an ill prepared Broner who after getting rocked actually fought back very well.
    Chino will only be remembered for his first fight with Floyd when Mayweather ran like a bee to honey.

Can you imagine Chino in with any top tier welter in history.
    You can't be serious about him being "feared"!

Hey irondanhanza so I miss typed big deal I forgot more about boxing than you'll ever know!
    By all means list the fighters you've worked with along with the promoters and matchmakers. Where is your gym in Disney Land?

I've posted "real" sports articles about me and my gym on here what have you've shown about you? Is your real name irondanhaza or Tweetybird?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      I have to disagree somewhat with the summary that Mayweather never fought anyone feared. Chico was feared and dangerous. He simply did not have the speed to even compete with Mayweather. For the most part, it is true Mayweather avoided dangerous situations by letting the opposition fade before signing to fight them. With Chico I do not believe this was the case. He must have seen that Chico was too slow for him before signing.

When the prime guys are there, ready to fight, but you wait on them until they fade--Guess what?--you do not gain legacy points for that, you lose them.

It is always hilarious how a bunch of idiot fighters believe they are going to hornswoggle history by including names on their ledger who are faded ghosts, as if history and historians will not notice. This shows the level of education most boxers do not have.
      This was one of his better wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        However "Chino" was a south american club fighter who beat up an ill prepared Broner who after getting rocked actually fought back very well.
        Chino will only be remembered for his first fight with Floyd when Mayweather ran like a bee to honey.

Hey irondanhanza so I miss typed big deal I forgot more about boxing than you'll ever know!
        By all means list the fighters you've worked with along with the promoters and matchmakers. Where is your gym in Disney Land?

I've posted "real" sports articles about me and my gym on here what have you've shown about you? Is your real name irondanhaza or Tweetybird?

Ray
        Mate, you scored a 12 round fight 7-4

You ain't got a clue.

I'm well aware of your fantasy credentials, you bring up a new one every day.

Comment

Just go through the archives in the History Section or Thunderdome!

There are front page sports articles about me and my gym.

"You ain't got a clue"............. I ain't? haha you speak well. I'm not your mate either sonny.
          ....... your just another jackazz looking for attention.

Ray

Comment

Ray
            The Old LefHook was talking about Diego "Chico" Corrales. Not Marcos "Chino" Maidana.

Don't tell me that you've never heard of Chico? That would explain why you think Floyd never fought anyone who was feared.

Comment

Who the hell did he ever beat?
              When he stepped up he lost, is Casamayor supposed to a great win? He lost to him two or three times! He beat Garcia who has a inflated record, who did he ever beat?
              Whats next Castillio is a ATG? His Johnson win was his best other than that he was good he was NOT great!

Fans fall in love and raise up in hate! Theres something about emotional sports fans that I don't care for. It's as if their living a part of their lives through their sports hero's.
              Sad to me I still think Chico Marx stops lil' Floyd early....

enough of the banter you all need to join a gym, that will give you a real perspective instead of the make believe non reality that stinks up this forum daily.

Ray

Comment

Oh no

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  By the same token, there were FAR LESS belts back then. It's very easy to beat a former world champion or to become a world champion right now.
                  Oh yea for sure. The "value" on beating title holders definitely is larger the further back you go. I mean just think about it. Back in the old school 8 days you were 1 of 8 title holders. Now you are 1 of 68 title holders (or more with Jr titles & all that confusion). So if we were weighting the value of beating a champion back in the day (standing, former or future) vs now we be giving guys a point for a champion beaten, but today & back since we've added more divisions + titles you'd only get a fraction of a point for those wins.

So basically the 12 title holders Greb beat, as mentioned in this thread, is probably more impressive than the 22 title holders Floyd beat, as mentioned in the OP, under that quality of the title holder conversion rate for the value of the title holder.

Comment

Just go through the archives in the History Section or Thunderdome!

There are front page sports articles about me and my gym.

"You ain't got a clue"............. I ain't? haha you speak well. I'm not your mate either sonny.
                    ....... your just another jackazz looking for attention.

Ray
                    Yeah son, sure

Let me know when you find out that fights are 12 rounds and not 11

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      The Old LefHook was talking about Diego "Chico" Corrales. Not Marcos "Chino" Maidana.

Don't tell me that you've never heard of Chico? That would explain why you think Floyd never fought anyone who was feared.
                      Chico Marx

Another "typo" I bet.

Nothing a quick boxrec search won't fix eh Ray? Clown

Comment

Working...
                      X