Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Andre Ward have had a similar / same KO% as GGG if he fought same opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Andre Ward have had a similar / same KO% as GGG if he fought same opposition?

This is what I've been reading lately. That the feather fisted Andre Ward would have either equal, or a similar KO percentage as Golovkin if he fought Golovkin's opposition which Golovkin stopped. That's essentially arguing that Andre Ward's power is at the same level or close to the level of Golovkin's.

However, here is a challenge for those who believe Ward really would have had the same / similar KO percentage if he fought Golovkin's opposition which Golovkin stopped:

1) Find any opponent which Andre Ward KNOCKED OUT like how Golovkin knocked out Nobuhiro Ishida or Matthew Macklin. As in, proper, legal, concussive and / or body breaking knockout.

2) Find any top opponents which were previously never knocked out or previously unbeaten, which Andre Ward stopped. Like how Golovkin stopped Martin Murray and Kell Brook.

Also, Andre Ward has already faced many similar caliber of opposition as Golovkin which he couldn't stop, but Golovkin managed to. Golovkin stopped Martin Murray and Kell Brook. Andre Ward failed to stop Alexander Brand. There's nothing to suggest that Alexander Brand is a high caliber of boxer than either Martin Murray or Kell Brook. Yet, Ward failed to stop Brand. Whilst Golovkin is the only ever boxer to drop Martin Murray multiple times and stop him. That is whilst taking into consderation that Martin Murray has went up to 168 pounds and still couldn't be stopped by some top fighters there like George Groves.
    Yes
    28.57%
    No
    71.43%

Also, please avoid mentioning Ward's TKO over Sergey Kovalev that was CLEARLY ended on an illegal LOW BLOW! I'm referring specifically to legal / legit / genuine stoppages.

Comment

No. But Ward would've had an easy time against Golovkin's opponents, largely because Ward is a true LHW. And an excellent, opportunistic fighter who resorts to whatever dirty tactics he needs.

All those fights would've been in Oakland with his own judges too. Knockouts would've been totally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
        No. But Ward would've had an easy time against Golovkin's opponents, largely because Ward is a true LHW. And an excellent, opportunistic fighter who resorts to whatever dirty tactics he needs.

All those fights would've been in Oakland with his own judges too. Knockouts would've been totally unnecessary.
        Question is, would Ward have beaten those opponents more convincingly than GGG did.

Comment

Those voting for Andre Ward. I'm still awaiting a response to my challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            Also, please avoid mentioning Ward's TKO over Sergey Kovalev that was CLEARLY ended on an illegal LOW BLOW! I'm referring specifically to legal / legit / genuine stoppages.
            One was low the rest were clean. Ward beat that man to submission. He spanked kovalev since round 4 of the 1st fight.

But no I don't think he would of had more K.O.'s than lil g cuz Ward is a thinker while lil g is just a robot with pop bums or not.

Comment

Of course he wouldn't. GGG is a terrific puncher and Ward is an average puncher. Anybody with eyes that work should be able to see that. GGG haters are usually big fans of Ward and Mayweather. Some of them will come up with any nonsense and BS they can to try to discredit GGG and try to make Ward 100 times better than GGG.

Comment

No, and see Mayweather and Pacquiao vs Hatton/Oscar/Cotto to remind yourself that it doesn't matter.

Comment

Would GGG have an even higher KO percentage if he were allowed to punch his opponents in the balls and elbow and head butt them to the face?

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    One was low the rest were clean. Ward beat that man to submission. He spanked kovalev since round 4 of the 1st fight.

But no I don't think he would of had more K.O.'s than lil g cuz Ward is a thinker while lil g is just a robot with pop bums or not.
                    Why wouldn't a thinker be able to think of a way to win by KO if he hits so damn hard????? How is it that the lil g robot you hate so much is smart enough to use his power and skills to KO his opponent damn near every time? If you are saying Ward's punching power is even close to that of GGG's you aren't just a blatant GGG hater but a boxing idiot as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X