No announcement yet.

OfficialHBO Boxing After Dark: Martirosyan - Lara RBR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as if Arum was going to let Vanes lose lol

While I thought Lara did enough and was going to win and was taking control of the fight, he should not have started so slow, but he is a counter fighter I understand that, it takes time for him to get his opponents timing

but what ever...in a rematch he will get Vanes but I have a feeling a rematch probably won't happen

Comment

• Round 1: Quiet round, but the left hands to the body for Lara won him that round.

Round 2: Another quiet round, where Vanes seemed to just out work Lara.

Rounds 3-5: Vanes didn't hardly land anything, and though Lara was quiet and didn't land that many big punches at all, the occasional counter and his defense, ring generalship, he won those rounds or at the least took 2 of the 3.

Rounds 6-8: It was all Lara. He hit him over and over with the left hand. Vanes didn't do hardly anything.

6-2/7-1 Lara. Call me crazy if you want, but there's no way Vanes won more than 1-2 rounds.
      Last edited by 4Corners; 11-10-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Moreno-Mares not close to starting yet.

I don't think.

This fight worth catching tommorow or?
        Just to add to the memory bank I guess.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
          Did Lara say Vanes has no heart? Not too good with my Spanish but I thought I heard that.
          Yeah that's what I thought I heard too. No tiene corazon, but the translator didn't say it...

Comment

• Wasn't pretty but clean punching gives this fight to Lara....at least he didnt get an L though.....and his comments were so classless that Olaya didnt even want to say them...

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Vanes won?
              hahahaha,well looks like it'll come between who pays the judges the most if Vanes fights Canelo
              Nah they called it a draw in a 9 round fight which Lara was winning easily.

Comment

• Lara should fight Canelo next since most people thought he won.

Comment

• The only thing I'm disappointed in is that Lara didn't get his right hook working like I thought he would've. He had his counter-punching hat on too tight, and should've let his hands go more. I do want to see a rematch though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    Yeah that's what I thought I heard too. No tiene corazon, but the translator didn't say it...
                    He said that Vanes had no hart and that he was an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                      He called him a coward too, us Cubans say "pendejo".

Comment

Working...
                      X