Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name One WelterWeight in the last 2-3 years who has better competition than Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Fair enough.

There are a huge number of advantages of fighting at home and he is forgoing them all by fighting on the road in a foreign country.
    He's a huge star with a ton of support in this foreign country. He's also got the most powerful promoter in the game behind him and A-list fans and connections. He's not missing anything here. In fact, he's been treated generously. When Mosley knocked him down (and I know, it was NOT a legit knockdown) one or two of the judges still gave Manny a 10-9.

The knockdown shouldn't have counted, but it did and Manny still got the round. I've heard of a fighter being knocked down and coming back to make it a 10-10 or a 9-9 round (by the letter of the law), but has there ever been an instance where a fighter had an official knockdown counted against him and was still awarded a 10-9 round? Against an American fighter in America, no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Something Jr View Post
      I was thinking about this the other day...

I hate to admit it but 20 years from now we are going to reflect on Pacquiao's resume and it's going to look really good. He beat the top WW's of his time: Mosley, Margarito, Cotto. He took out Ricky Hatton, outpointed Clottey, and possibly beat Marquez three times. Not to mention everyone he beat before 140 lb's.

We know now that these wins are tainted in some way. How he beat worn, defeated fighters or guys who weren't there to win. But time will forget and he will have a monster legacy. He can only improve on it at the moment.

EDIT: I know the Hatton fight was at JWW but the point is Pac has names fighter's under his belt.
      Great. Marciano had names, too.

Comment

Cotto. margarito loss was tainted.

Comment

Working...
        X