No announcement yet.

Someone tell me how Cotto beats Floyd..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
    ROFL, dude your watching the wrong sport if you think Quintana, Malignagi, Judah and Mosley have no defense. You dont know what your talking about and its not worth debating with you.

First of all, thanks for the opinionated response. It's fight fans like yourself that helps feed the knowledge of fight fans all over.
    Am I watching the wrong sport? Investigate the facts, then talk to me! The Cotto-Mosley fight (in which I thought Cotto won by 8-4) was a prime example of guys taking unnecessary punches and often getting caught with their guard down, but a great fight . In the Cotto-Malignagi fight, if Paulie knew what defense was, maybe the fight could have been closer, but his toughness can never be question. In the Cotto-Quintana, this is yet another example of a supposed good fighter get caught with there guard down. As for the Cotto-Judah fight, Zab's lack of concentration is nothing more than an excuse and he has always had big problems with physical fighters. At this point in his career, Cotto can and will not beat PBF for the reasons I mentioned in the previous thread, but what do I know. If I we're Cotto, I would hope Margarito beats Cintron because I like his chance better vs "Tony" the volume puncher than I do against a one punch knockout guy like Cintron. Thanks for the response But again, what do I know!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie View Post
      First of all, thanks for the opinionated response. It's fight fans like yourself that helps feed the knowledge of fight fans all over.
      Am I watching the wrong sport? Investigate the facts, then talk to me! The Cotto-Mosley fight (in which I thought Cotto won by 8-4) was a prime example of guys taking unnecessary punches and often getting caught with their guard down, but a great fight . In the Cotto-Malignagi fight, if Paulie knew what defense was, maybe the fight could have been closer, but his toughness can never be question. In the Cotto-Quintana, this is yet another example of a supposed good fighter get caught with there guard down. As for the Cotto-Judah fight, Zab's lack of concentration is nothing more than an excuse and he has always had big problems with physical fighters. At this point in his career, Cotto can and will not beat PBF for the reasons I mentioned in the previous thread, but what do I know. If I we're Cotto, I would hope Margarito beats Cintron because I like his chance better vs "Tony" the volume puncher than I do against a one punch knockout guy like Cintron. Thanks for the response But again, what do I know!
      LOL at this guy trying to discredity every Cotto win. Lets see:

1)Quintana: Showed superb defense vs Joel Julio. Paul Williams was a 100 punch per round fighter and Quintana's defense brought down his output and hit percentage to less than half his usual number.

2)Judah: Judah's defense was never questioned, people have mostly questioned his focus, chin and stamina not his defense. Please show me where people question Judah's defense (not his chin his defense).

3)Malignagi: Malignagi is known for his defense and ability to hit and not be hit. Hell it sure aint his power that has earned him a share of the jrWW championship.

4)Mosley: Is an experienced top fighter. His defense seemed to be very good a few months prior to Cotto when he fought Collazo.

People say that these fighters tried to slug it out with Cotto and would've won if they only fought defensively but fail to give Cotto respect for dictating that type of fight. Cotto didn't allow Quintana, Malignagi or Judah and forced them to fight with his pressure, timing, jab, power and ability to cut off the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
        LOL at this guy trying to discredity every Cotto win. Lets see:

1)Quintana: Showed superb defense vs Joel Julio. Paul Williams was a 100 punch per round fighter and Quintana's defense brought down his output and hit percentage to less than half his usual number.

2)Judah: Judah's defense was never questioned, people have mostly questioned his focus, chin and stamina not his defense. Please show me where people question Judah's defense (not his chin his defense).

3)Malignagi: Malignagi is known for his defense and ability to hit and not be hit. Hell it sure aint his power that has earned him a share of the jrWW championship.

4)Mosley: Is an experienced top fighter. His defense seemed to be very good a few months prior to Cotto when he fought Collazo.

People say that these fighters tried to slug it out with Cotto and would've won if they only fought defensively but fail to give Cotto respect for dictating that type of fight. Cotto didn't allow Quintana, Malignagi or Judah and forced them to fight with his pressure, timing, jab, power and ability to cut off the ring.
        End of thread

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          End of thread

Well let's hope all fight fans get what we want. Then we can really end this thread. Until then, it is and always will be opinionated speculations Quality stuff though!

Comment

Thanks guys, I wasn't implying that Cotto doesn't deserve a shot at Floyd. I want to see this matchup more than anything..I just wanted some real opinions without the regular "Cottos gonna KTFO Gayweather" That **** gets redundant real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by SkilledBoxer View Post
              Thanks guys, I wasn't implying that Cotto doesn't deserve a shot at Floyd. I want to see this matchup more than anything..I just wanted some real opinions without the regular "Cottos gonna KTFO Gayweather" That **** gets redundant real quick.

I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
                There are numerous possible ways he can win: KO, TKO, UD, SD, MD
                Don't forget DQ

Comment

Working...
                X