No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: It Was Close, I Thought Manny Pacquiao Won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Listened to ESPN radio for a few hours after the fight and every analyst they had on were completely surprised by the decision. Not one of them or any callers had it for Horn. Everyone was comparing it to Pacquiao-Bradley I.
    Top rank has been investigated by the fbi before for fixing fights! They fired a guy named sean gibbons for fixing fights before! Guess what last night that same guy sean gibbons was in mannys corner! I wonder why??? I wonder why no one mentions top prank and rob arums history of being investigated by the feds for fixing fights......

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
      Hey Bob how does this guy get outlanded by double, land 15% of his punches, headbutt, headlock and push, get b#tchslapped and wobbled in rd 9 never win a round decisively and somehow win a title? Could it be you Bob?
      Top rank has been investigated by the fbi before for fixing fights! They fired a guy named sean gibbons for fixing fights before! Guess what last night that same guy sean gibbons was in mannys corner! I wonder why??? I wonder why no one mentions top prank and rob arums history of being investigated by the feds for fixing fights......

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        No. It's you that didn't actually watch the fight or don't know what you're seeing, you bringing up the punch stats proves this. So you just roll with whatever a network like ESPN tells you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Not surprise Horn won, he was very aggressive and was on the front football the time, the only time he looked like he actually lost a round was in the 9th. With the fight happening in Australia what did Bob Arum or anyone think was going to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Bob setting up his rematch money-grab.

It was a close fight, but let's not pretend they weren't planning to get two bouts out of this if it went the distance.
            EXACTLY! THE BRADLEY BLUEPRINT BY TOP PRANK! Top rank has been investigated by the fbi before for fixing fights! They fired a guy named sean gibbons for fixing fights before! Guess what last night that same guy sean gibbons was in mannys corner! I wonder why??? I wonder why no one mentions top prank and rob arums history of being investigated by the feds for fixing fights......

Comment

great to see this moneygrab sham end in a disaster for Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrfQSi_uDS4

arum actually said he had horn winning . . . or a draw . . . did NOT say he had pacquiao winning.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                  arum should be used as a synonym for snake

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Arum
                    It Was Close, I Thought Manny Pacquiao Won

Comment

Originally posted by p4ptbe View Post
                      I'll tell you why! There's so much hate for Mayweather, that it has blinded the fans and the media to the practices of Bob Arum! "We need an outdoor stadium," "Manny is afraid of needles," "Manny has cuts that aren't healed," etc.! Who said those things? Not Manny! Remember when Manny had thought he signed contracts to fight Floyd, but Koncz was forced to admit that it wasn't true, after Floyd went to Manny's hotel room in Miami? Why didn't anyone report about what Manny had actually signed, and who had him sign it? This right here, is typical Top Rank BS:

June 12, 2015:

Nobody knew about Pacquiao's pre-fight injury, but in revealing it to the gathered media afterward, Team Pacquiao did its best Cool Hand Luke imitation. It had a failure to communicate — with each other.

Roach said he was surprised when one of the first questions in the post-match news conference was about the injury. He had been told on the way out, by Top Rank's head man, Bob Arum, to say nothing. But apparently it was Arum, angry that the Nevada Athletic Commission had not allowed Pacquiao to be given a doctor-approved and legal painkiller injection just before the fight, who clued in a couple of reporters just before the conference.

Pacquiao apparently had no marching orders, so as soon as the question came up, he told the truth about the injury and the technicality that disallowed his pain-killing shot.

Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz, who had filled out the form for the commission that would have allowed the injection had Koncz checked "Yes" in a box that asked about any injuries, was also, according to Roach, recommending that mum be the word on the injury.

But once Arum told the two reporters, and once Pacquiao publicly told all, there was no turning back. Now, Mayweather could — and did — spout off about Pacquiao being a guy looking for excuses.

Soon, a member of the Nevada commission was taking the microphone to refute any wrongdoing or unfairness on their part, Arum was spouting back, and the public saw a sport, disintegrating before its eyes. It probably had expected this all along. But the magnitude of this fight seemed to allow some denial. Boxing wouldn't let its usual mess happen at Mayweather-Pacquiao, would it?

Yes it would. The usual odor became a stench.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...13-column.html

Comment

Working...
                      X