No announcement yet.

Where do i start?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do i start?

What should i do to begin my boxing training? Running? How do i begin?

Practice on bending your knee alot
    You're gonna need it

Comment

find a proper boxing ring and jump in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        find a proper boxing ring and jump in there.
        I mean like outside the gym for a beginner.

Comment

shadow box, film it, review it, adjust

Slow down your punching on the bag, make sure you are rotating, good form is critical

Buy a jump rope, doesnt need to be expensive, practice, practice, practice - no secret to it just practice makes perfect

If you want to start running, do sprint/interval training or a really fast sub 20 min 5Km dont just plod along at a steady pace

Finally, pushups, burpees, chin ups and crunches for basic strength conditioning

Comment

Thanks Richard P

Comment

Look up basic footwork and learn to get comfortable moving in all directions, pivoting, feinting, etc. Maybe focus on learning the jab to begin with and do some sprints and burpees.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                What should i do to begin my boxing training? Running? How do i begin?

-a little punch resistance-
                Find a table or a counter that you can laydown upon, with your head hanging off of the end. Raise your chin to your chest, then just relax your head, just let it relax and let it all the way down. repeat................ man-50 kid-25

Comment

Basic footwork and positioning in the ring is a start listen to your trainer if you have one

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    -a little punch resistance-
                    Find a table or a counter that you can laydown upon, with your head hanging off of the end. Raise your chin to your chest, then just relax your head, just let it relax and let it all the way down. repeat................ man-50 kid-25
                    What does this do exactly?

Comment

Working...
                    X