Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hagler almost get knocked out against Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Hagler took the shot well, but hearns busted his forehead open with a clean shot.

Comment

I don't think he was almost knocked out,,, maybe a cut stoppage...

But hagler did eat some bombs in that first round, and i think it ruined his career even though he won..

That fight was the end of a prime hagler,,, afterwards he was just a shell of himself in fights vs mugabi and leonard

Comment

Don't think he was seriously hurt. He got cut up well, but he knew he was dishing out at least as much as he was getting. Hagler's chin was.. well.. Marvelous.

His chin, power and long arms make him one of the best MWs ever.

Comment

That was my first time ever seeing Hagler I wouldn't even say hurt but more so "Staggered" that was my first time EVER seeing him staggered and the LAST! Hagler shook it off and let his hands go MORE!

But almost knocked out? NO not even close! That being said we are talking about Thomas "Hitman" Hearn who had the Power of a Light Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            Do you really believe this garbage or are you really this stupid? At no time in your post did you present anything that could be considered a rational thought and everyone who read your post is now dumber for having done so.
            Unless we know the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              Almost knocked out???lol no,he was stunned for a couple of seconds in the first thats it
              I agree with this, he was stunned a couple of times but he was able to shake it off

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                Hagler took a lot of damage. But ultimately he took his licks and weathered the storm and got his licks in. Just look at Marvin hagler's face afterwards.

You gotta give ass to get ass.

Absolutely not. Did Hagler take some hellacious shot from Hearns? Absolutely. But if you knew what Haglers mindset was going into the fight it was all about war. And real war. No matter what shots Hagler was going to take from Hearns he was going to eat it up. The only way Hearns was going to win was if he decapitated him. Hagler had an all time great chin and combine that with his all out detrimination to win that night, there was no way Hagler was getting knocked out.

That fight was the greatest three rounds I've ever and will ever see in boxing.

Comment

"Almost knocked out" usually means the man is clinching, backing up into a defensive shell, or taking a knee to recover.

Hagler slowed only a few seconds before marching forward and returning fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                    Yes, not because GGG isn't good enough but he hasn't fought anywhere near the caliber of opposition to warrant it.
                    Oh for God's sake you're everything that's wrong with the sport. Deserves got nothing to do with it. Focus on what would happen in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X