No announcement yet.

Injun Yaqui Lopez Underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injun Yaqui Lopez Underrated?

This injun boy put on some remarkable fights. He comes from an era when lightheavy contenders would likely thrash today's crop of so called champs. He would have whipped the likes of Virgil Hill, Taylor, Cloud, etc. He would probably thrash the lightheavy Ho'kins, too, by makiing him fight, as well as any lightheavy Ho'kins has beat. I think Yaqui is a bit overlooked.

His fight with Matthew muhammed saad was fantastic...

Of course lopez would be champ in other eras, he just happened to be in the deepest lightheavy era ever.. Him vs kovolev would be a fascinating matchup...

Comment

He was a true pro who fought when the division was briming with talents

Comment

Yes, Yaqui Lopez is often overlooked in my opinion because he fought in one of the best era's of light heavyweights.

The fights with Saad Muhammad were classic (first with the then Matthew Franklin). I really enjoy pulling up his fight with Mike Rossman who talked a lot of trash to Lopez with really personal insults. Lopez stopped him in a good fight. The fights with Galindez were both very close and competitive.

Comment

Would have loved to see roy jones tested vs a guy like lopez...

Fighters get so hyped up for dominating a weak era, and there is some great fighters who get lost in time because they fought in a stacked era...

Lopez is probably better than any lightheavy of the past 20 years outside of roy and kovolev, and he gives them a run for the money

Comment

I think Yaqui gives nightmares to most light heavyweights in history. His durability and his combinations and body punching were quite a bit to deal with.

Comment

Working...
            X