Sean Sherk Responds to Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Sherk Responds to Floyd Mayweather

RandomSpeak.com sent along the following:

RandomSpeak.com: Floyd Mayweather, Jr. came out the last couple weeks completely bashing the UFC and stating that any boxer would demolish a UFC fighter in the cage. Dana White (UFC President) came back at Mayweather and named you as the guy who he'd put Mayweather up against, and that you would handle him no problem. What are your thoughts on the whole situation?

Sean Sherk: Well, you know honestly in a boxing match, of course he'd beat me in a boxing match. In an MMA fight, he would be in for a beating. I mean, he's not going to knock me out with one punch; I've got a hard head and have been boxing for 13 years so it's not like I don't know how to box. So, he'd have to land a lot of punches to stop me from taking him down, and me being one of the best wrestlers in the sport, there's no way he could stop me from taking him down.

I don't think that fight would last longer than a minute, to be honest with you. And I don't think he should be talking about something that he can't back up, because I'll fight him tomorrow. I literally would, if they called and asked me to fight Floyd Mayweather, Jr. tomorrow, it's done. He's not going to fight me though, and he's just running his mouth. I don't really respect that a whole lot.

To read the complete interview, visit RandomSpeak.com.

There are boxers in here and I just want to hear your thoughts.

Mine are simple..sherk would take him down and GNP him. Mayweather dont know any ground game.

Those of you who dont have a clue on who Sean Sherk is I reccomend you watch this video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzudu_sean-sherk-hl

Dont mind the music his nick name is the Muscle Shark.

Comment

His claims of being the best wrestler in UFC might be true, but the fact is Sherk wrestles as well as he boxes. The top wrestlers in the world will beat him at his own game of UFC, just like Mayweather will knock him on his ass. He can try to use his knees and elbows, but it won't make a bit of difference. The top guys in wrestling or boxing are not going to just stand there and let him do his dirty work. Sherk is nothing but a crude streetfighter once he faces a real opponent this will soon be apparent to everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
        His claims of being the best wrestler in UFC might be true, but the fact is Sherk wrestles as well as he boxes. The top wrestlers in the world will beat him at his own game of UFC, just like Mayweather will knock him on his ass. He can try to use his knees and elbows, but it won't make a bit of difference. The top guys in wrestling or boxing are not going to just stand there and let him do his dirty work. Sherk is nothing but a crude streetfighter once he faces a real opponent this will soon be apparent to everybody.
        Street fighter? real opponent??:s best wreslter in ufc??? ok....

Not a street fighter, he fights professionally and he said he would fight mayweather tomorrow in a ring or octagon not in the street.

He's fought real opponents in the ufc through his whole career such as matt hughes, GSP, Trigg etc and is also LW champ.

Sherk is not the best wrestler in ufc...Josh Koscheck is.

A boxer would knock out a ufc fighter in a boxing match -YES

A boxer would not last in a MMA fight against a fighter like Sean Sherk.

All it would take is one takedown and Mayweather is trained for boxing, standing up. He wouldnt be able to do **** on the ground and thats where sherk would have his way with him and finish him anyway he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post

Not a street fighter, he fights professionally and he said he would fight mayweather tomorrow in a ring or octagon not in the street.

He's fought real opponents in the ufc through his whole career such as matt hughes, GSP, Trigg etc and is also LW champ.

All it would take is one takedown and Mayweather is trained for boxing, standing up. He wouldnt be able to do **** on the ground and thats where sherk would have his way with him and finish him anyway he wants to.

...yeah, that is all it would take!

Comment

What the **** makes these ufc pricks think they could take down the likes of Mayeather so easily. Do they really think it would be so easy to get close to Floyd to take him down without getting knocked out? Please....

Comment

To avoid a takedown u have to practice sprawls. Mayweather wont be able to avoid a takedown anyways from how strong Sherk is. Sherk's main game is to take down his opponent, he trains years for mma, also a wreslter. Mayweather can kick his ass standing but he wont be fast enough to avoid a takedown from Sherk...sherk is too explosive.

If you guys havent notice the UFC/PRIDE are bigger than boxing now, fans and alot more people watch and train for mma, it is what it is today because of dana white. The boxers that mention they can take any UFC is looking for attention to try and promote boxing by trying to challenge UFC.

now that is lame.

Comment

To avoid a takedown u have to practice sprawls. Mayweather wont be able to avoid a takedown anyways from how strong Sherk is. Sherk's main game is to take down his opponent, he trains years for mma, also a wreslter. Mayweather can kick his ass standing but he wont be fast enough to avoid a takedown from Sherk...sherk is too explosive.

If you guys havent notice the UFC/PRIDE are bigger than boxing now, fans and alot more people watch and train for mma, it is what it is today because of dana white. The boxers that mention they can take any UFC is looking for attention to try and promote boxing by trying to challenge UFC.

now that is lame.
                Ironically when boxers mention UFC etc all it does is advertise that sport for them!! I personally hate UFC/PRIDE and all that stuff but that is just my own taste, I'm a boxing fan all the way, dont like like seeing fighting on the ground. I also think Dana White comes across as a bad lawyer...with a grudge.

Comment

To have a boxer mention ufc/pride is stupid.
                  A 400 pound butterbean lost to a Light Weight Genki Sudo by submission, tell me whats better...Boxing may not fade away but UFC took over awhile ago. Boxing is a great sport, most mma guys train boxing as well and the reason they aint as good as pro boxers is cause they aint 1 demensonial, they have to learn more than one style.

Might I add alot more action goes on in a MMA fight instead of Standing there throwing jabs, there is more technique involved and more experience when fighting MMA.

Comment

To have a boxer mention ufc/pride is stupid.
                    A 400 pound butterbean lost to a Light Weight Genki Sudo by submission, tell me whats better...Boxing may not fade away but UFC took over awhile ago. Boxing is a great sport, most mma guys train boxing as well and the reason they aint as good as pro boxers is cause they aint 1 demensonial, they have to learn more than one style.

Might I add alot more action goes on in a MMA fight instead of Standing there throwing jabs, there is more technique involved and more experience when fighting MMA.
                    Have you actually been in a boxing gym yourself?

Comment

Working...
                    X