No announcement yet.

Last night was a damn good fight, respect for both, Fury should have won tho

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    If Fury wants that AJ money, I won't blame him.

But if he wants immediate rematch, let's do it in the UK!
    And quite frankly, I'm not sure we need an immediate rematch. We know what Fury and Wilder both bring to the table.

Let Fury get back in his groove, let Wilder work on his technique and combos, and let's get a rematch in late 2019 or early 2020.
    Last edited by rolshans; 12-02-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
      And quite frankly, I'm not sure we need an immediate rematch. We know what Fury and Wilder both bring to the table.

Let Fury get more back in his groove, let Wilder work on his technique and combos, and let's get a rematch in late 2019 or early 2020.
      At 33 Wilder isn't going to improve. Fury will though, he'll get sharper.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
        Fury was controlling the distance and nullifying anything Wilder did in the early rounds though. They were clear Fury rounds.

Floyd and Hopkins would have 20 losses each on their records if it was up to that Mexican judge, if that's what he looks for when scoring a round.
        Like I said, I might be looking too hard to find it.

It's old school thinking that you need to take the belt. But I can see how he could have scored it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          I've rewatched the fight a couple of times and have started to see the Mexican's point of view. Maybe I'm having to look too hard to see it, but I can see it.

Fury is trying to take Wilder's title. In those early rounds Wilder was the aggressor. He was missing with most but he was the one forcing the fight in rounds that were really too close to call.

I can't get Wilder as far ahead as him but I can get Wilder ahead if that's the attribute you value. And he's Mexican - of course that's the attribute he values.
          Effective aggression is the one of the staples of scoring a fight. What wilder was showing was ineffective aggression. Tyson controlled this fight from the opening bell to the end except for the 20-30 seconds during the knock downs. It was an excellent fight ruined by a criminal decision.

Comment

Im a fan of Both and didn’t really
            Care who won but a draw was the right call

Fury won rounds but never had Wilder in Trouble plus got put down twice in the last 4 rounds , you can’t expect To take the Champs strap like that ( can someone remind me When the last time that happend ) and let’s be honest great call by Reiss but 90% of the time when the fighters on the canvass lifeless at the count of 6 that fight is immediately over.

Both did what I expected them to do but Fury got lucky that it wasn’t game over for him at
            The 2nd KD ( the way he recovered was amazing though )

Comment

It was a good fight. I think those were the 2 best current HWs.

Fury should have known not to goof off or leave any question marks in a sport so dirty/corrupt.

Comment

Yeah had a lot of fun watching that one. Excellent fight with a Thrilling 12th Round! But yeah controversial decisions take away from a great night a bit

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  I watched the fight this morning was bored by it. Fury boxed well , landed some great jabs and combinations but he was inactive for stretches during the fight. He was posturing, playing, showboating but not punching enough.

For Wilder, he was stymied for much of the fight and, for some reason or another, didn't let his hands go enough. The knockdowns were fun but it wasn't enough excitement for me.
                  I agree i dont see the FOTY people were talking about although the last round was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                    I've rewatched the fight a couple of times and have started to see the Mexican's point of view. Maybe I'm having to look too hard to see it, but I can see it.

Fury is trying to take Wilder's title. In those early rounds Wilder was the aggressor. He was missing with most but he was the one forcing the fight in rounds that were really too close to call.

I can't get Wilder as far ahead as him but I can get Wilder ahead if that's the attribute you value. And he's Mexican - of course that's the attribute he values.
                    You get points for effective aggression. There was nothing about Wilders aggression that was effective. During the early rounds, Tyson Fury was separating himself with the jab, and his defense.

Wilder had nothing to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      I agree i dont see the FOTY people were talking about although the last round was excellent
                      With fights like these, part of the excitement, is the knowledge that one shot from Wilder can turn everything around. When you have that suspense built up and he finally gets it in in the 12th round, and Fury gets up and rallies back, it makes for a good show.

Comment

Working...
                      X