Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Law Experts? Bill Cosby Settle Out OF Court and Still Got Charged?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Yes. Emotional distress, pain and suffering, final expenses. All of those are damages which are compensable.
    Yeah but for him to be responsible for those damages, they must be saying he is the one who killed them, right?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Yeah but for him to be responsible for those damages, they must be saying he is the one who killed them, right?
      They are saying that it is more likely than not, that he is liable.

It's like saying he probably did it, versus he absolutely did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        Good question.

To take someone’s liberty you must prove that he commited a crime “beyond a reasonable doubt”. That’s the highest evidence standard in the America court system.

To sue someone generally preponderance of the evidence. This means more likely than not that something happened. Official California law states “A party must persuade you [the jury], by the evidence presented in court, that what he or she is required to prove is more likely to be true than not true. “

So as you see different standards is why one can be found not guilty ,thus cannot be imprisoned, but still liable for money damages.
        I get all that but I am asking you if that's truly fair in the big picture of things because one court is saying this is an innocent man but one court is saying this is a guilty man take all his livelihood.

So if you were an alien who just arrived which court would you believe because one says he did it and one says he didn't do it?

Comment

They are saying that it is more likely than not, that he is liable.

It's like saying he probably did it, versus he absolutely did it.
          So you are cool with them using that level of certainty to take a man livelihood?
          Suppose it happen to a truly innocent man and all his sh**t got taken from him?

Has that ever happen? Has a innocent person lost a civil suit and was later found to be truly innocent?

Comment

So you are cool with them using that level of certainty to take a man livelihood?
            Suppose it happen to a truly innocent man and all his sh**t got taken from him?

Has that ever happen? Has a innocent person lost a civil suit and was later found to be truly innocent?
            What threshold do Jamaican courts use in civil matters?

Comment

What threshold do Jamaican courts use in civil matters?
              I don't know I would have to look it up.

Comment

I get all that but I am asking you if that's truly fair in the big picture of things because one court is saying this is an innocent man but one court is saying this is a guilty man take all his livelihood.

So if you were an alien who just arrived which court would you believe because one says he did it and one says he didn't do it?
                Don’t make me embarrass you... I’m willing to reveal several facts about og me...

F you ... stop posting bs..
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amicus_curiae briefs... never mind.., you and you and your boy.. sunturd... are muffing..

Opinions, are as ubiquitous as azz holes, even worms have them, ****roaches too..

Stay out of us politics, courts, etc... look fool, I know a lot about international naval laws...

Are you stupid on purpose..

Was sunpaces’ stupidity contagious? Viral stupidity..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Don’t make me embarrass you... I’m willing to reveal several facts about og me...

F you ... stop posting bs..
                  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amicus_curiae briefs... never mind.., you and you and your boy.. sunturd... are muffing..

Opinions, are as ubiquitous as azz holes, even worms have them, ****roaches too..

Stay out of us politics, courts, etc... look fool, I know a lot about international naval laws...

Are you stupid on purpose..

Was sunpaces’ stupidity contagious? Viral stupidity..
                  Irrelevant. Go take your meds, Zaroku.

Comment

Irrelevant. Go take your meds, Zaroku.
                    I will, but get off of your lil island... big world... dream big.. think, dream, believe, and act.

You stuck trying to think...

Poor you..

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      I will, but get off of your lil island... big world... dream big.. think, dream, believe, and act.

You stuck trying to think...

Poor you..
                      Yeah man. I will stay that way. Maybe you need to request a change in medication because what you on now isn't working.

Comment

Working...
                      X