No announcement yet.

This era of welterweights are UNDERRATED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This era of welterweights are UNDERRATED

These boys don't get enough respect, the common perception is the current gen can't hang with past generations of elite welters, as is usually the case though, I feel these guys will get their credit when they hang up the gloves and the next generation of fighters start to breakthrough, then they will get the same stick these guys are getting. Funny how this sport works.

You look at the current scene and see every profile of fighter, every style, personality etc we have seen in previous eras. Thurman, Spence, Crawford, Porter, Danny, these guys would be competitive in any era

I agree but the fights aren't happening. It's suppose to be Spence, Crawford and Thurman colliding with one another but we dont even get that.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      These boys don't get enough respect, the common perception is the current gen can't hang with past generations of elite welters, as is usually the case though, I feel these guys will get their credit when they hang up the gloves and the next generation of fighters start to breakthrough, then they will get the same stick these guys are getting. Funny how this sport works.

You look at the current scene and see every profile of fighter, every style, personality etc we have seen in previous eras. Thurman, Spence, Crawford, Porter, Danny, these guys would be competitive in any era
      After Josesito upsets Thurman the WW division will become intense!

Comment

Until some of them lose their '0' they are overrated. How can you have so many good fighters if they haven't fought each other? They need to beat one another to even be rated to begin with imo.

In theory you could have 4 undefeated champions in a division that never fight each other and rack up wins against bums, but until they fight each other no conclusions on their greatness can be determined.

WW is a joke, a lot like LHW at the moment. Guys need to grow balls and fight each other but because fans suck their d1ck they feel they never have to, there is no demand for it.

Comment

It will go down as a GREAT ERA once they fight each other. Win or Lose they just need to fight each other and see what happens. Thurman, Porter, Garcia all fought each other and all was EXCELLENT and CLOSE FIGHTS! That is what happens when the very best fight the very best!

But it is the deepest and most talented Division in boxing NO DOUBT especially with Mikey Garcia going up now only makes the Division Deeper

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            I agree but the fights aren't happening. It's suppose to be Spence, Crawford and Thurman colliding with one another but we dont even get that.
            I think those fights are gonna happen man, I really do. These fights are always built up the same way, they are gonna milk it for a little bit then strike when the iron is hot

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            After Josesito upsets Thurman the WW division will become intense!
            Can't wait bro! Josesito is a sacrifice the island the demanded

Comment

Originally posted by pittapatta66 View Post
              Until some of them lose their '0' they are overrated. How can you have so many good fighters if they haven't fought each other? They need to beat one another to even be rated to begin with imo.

In theory you could have 4 undefeated champions in a division that never fight each other and rack up wins against bums, but until they fight each other no conclusions on their greatness can be determined.

WW is a joke, a lot like LHW at the moment. Guys need to grow balls and fight each other but because fans suck their d1ck they feel they never have to, there is no demand for it.
              A lot of them have already fought eachother. Crawford has just moved into the division and Spence has only now become a big enough reward for guys to start fighting him. Thurman, Porter and Garcia have all fought eachother.

All these fights will happen.

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              It will go down as a GREAT ERA once they fight each other. Win or Lose they just need to fight each other and see what happens. Thurman, Porter, Garcia all fought each other and all was EXCELLENT and CLOSE FIGHTS! That is what happens when the very best fight the very best!

But it is the deepest and most talented Division in boxing NO DOUBT especially with Mikey Garcia going up now only makes the Division Deeper
              I think so too man. If Mikey can be competitive with The Truth and decides to stay at 147, then the 147 has its final ingredient to make this a legendary era - a great Mexican fighter.

Comment

Its a good era of WWs for sure. Hopefully we get to see crawford mix it up with some of the other top WWs from PBC

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

Crawford and Spence would be competitive in any era. The likes of Garcia and Porter wouldn’t have stood a chance in the late 70’s-early 80’s though.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Crawford and Spence would be competitive in any era. The likes of Garcia and Porter wouldn’t have stood a chance in the late 70’s-early 80’s though.
                    Garcia and Porter would be competitive with Crawford and Spence bro. These guys are overlooked cos they've got a couple losses but they have fought everyone. Look at how crafty and gritty Porter is, that man is going to fight you hard for 12 rounds, I don't see that being different in any era. Danny could get outpointed by the more active and skilled guys, but he's a tough, tough kid with a good temperament and skills of his own, it would take a special fighter to really outclass him.

Comment

Working...
                    X