No announcement yet.

Is Joe Frazier an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
    dumbass thread, I can't believe you made this just to prove one man wrong.
    Ah, now Mr. Personality chimes in.

This party is now complete!

Comment

Who are the two posters that voted no???

Comment

Anyone who thinks Frazier is an ATG with as thin a resume as he has is nothing but brainwashed, or a raging ******.

Quarry, Ali and Ellis are his only good wins. Bonavena and Chuvalo are complete bums. They did nothing of any worth. You only need to watch them to understand why they did nothing. Crude brawlers who were slow and had not a ounce of talent. Foster was a good fighter, but at Lightheavy. He did nothing at Heavyweight so the win is about as meaningless as it gets.

You all know i'm right. Stop this maddening bull**** now. It makes those in the boxing world look ****ing crazy. In no other sport would someone with so little skill and achievements be considered a great. Frazier was nothing but a one armed bar room brawler who went forward because he couldn't do anything else, and had horrible defence. Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          "Smokin' Joe" was involved in and nearly won the Thrilla in Manila, one of the best heavyweight fights of all time. He defeated fellow ATG Muhammad Ali along with Jerry Quarry, Bob Foster, Jimmy Ellis, Buster Mathis and twice bested Oscar Bonavena. He also, of course, won a gold medal in the 1964 Olympics.

So, does this not qualify him as an ATG? I used to think everyone on here considered him as such but it seems that isn't so, in the case of one poster at least. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?
          Yes he was an ATG! That’s a silly question bro. Out of curiosity, what gives with all these Joe Frazier threads? Are you a big fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
            Yes he was an ATG! That’s a silly question bro. Out of curiosity, what gives with all these Joe Frazier threads? Are you a big fan?
            Yeah I like Joe Frazier but I just keep coming across clown posters knocking him left and right. "He's not an ATG." "Jarrell Miller would KO him." Shlt like that. I'm just sharing with y'all. Haha. This is madness, but no. I'm definitely a fan. His biography is a good read. Got it around here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Who are the two posters that voted no???
              Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Anyone who thinks Frazier is an ATG with as thin a resume as he has is nothing but brainwashed, or a raging ******.

Quarry, Ali and Ellis are his only good wins. Bonavena and Chuvalo are complete bums. They did nothing of any worth. You only need to watch them to understand why they did nothing. Crude brawlers who were slow and had not a ounce of talent. Foster was a good fighter, but at Lightheavy. He did nothing at Heavyweight so the win is about as meaningless as it gets.

You all know i'm right. Stop this maddening bull**** now. It makes those in the boxing world look ****ing crazy. In no other sport would someone with so little skill and achievements be considered a great. Frazier was nothing but a one armed bar room brawler who went forward because he couldn't do anything else, and had horrible defence. Stop it.
              Here you go, Vato.

Sid-Knee, I'm really curious to know who you consider to be an ATG. That bar must be high as fk.

Comment

Here you go, Vato.

Sid-Knee, I'm really curious to know who you consider to be an ATG. That bar must be high as fk.
                I'm even more curious for you to list Frazier's resume that supposedly makes him this ATG?

Carlos Monzon
                Lennox Lewis
                Marco Antonio Barrera
                Eric Morales
                Bob Fitzsimmons
                Ted "Kid" Lewis

Those are some ATG's for you there. Frazier isn't good enough to carry their jock strap. They actually had talent and a resume to prove their worth. Not ****ing wins over the likes of a Lightheavy who did nothing at the weight, bums like Bonavena and Chuvalo, and Barely good fighters like Jerry Quarry. Even Ellis was a failed Middleweight who had many losses but was able to win a title up at Heavy.

Frazier was good with lots of heart and had some exciting fights, a bit like Gatti but with a big win over Ali. But great he most certainly ****ing isn't. So behave yourself. You're either brainwashed to ****, or your capabilities to judge things are akin to being a ****ing dribbler.

Comment

I'm even more curious for you to list Frazier's resume that supposedly makes him this ATG?

Carlos Monzon
                  Lennox Lewis
                  Marco Antonio Barrera
                  Eric Morales
                  Bob Fitzsimmons
                  Ted "Kid" Lewis

Those are some ATG's for you there. Frazier isn't good enough to carry their jock strap. They actually had talent and a resume to prove their worth. Not ****ing wins over the likes of a Lightheavy who did nothing at the weight, bums like Bonavena and Chuvalo, and Barely good fighters like Jerry Quarry. Even Ellis was a failed Middleweight who had many losses but was able to win a title up at Heavy.

Frazier was good with lots of heart and had some exciting fights, a bit like Gatti but with a big win over Ali. But great he most certainly ****ing isn't. So behave yourself. You're either brainwashed to ****, or your capabilities to judge things are akin to being a ****ing dribbler.
                  Dude, this is just sad at this point. I mean, damn. Haha.

So being involved in the greatest trilogu in heavyweight history doesn't do anything. The fact that Ali was ready to quit when they stopped the thrilla in manila means nothing. The fact that he won a gold medal in '64 means nothing. Wins over Quarry mean nothing. Wins over Bonavena mean nothing. Honestly, if Oliver McCall gets to Lewis, I don't see how you can write off Joe who was a million times better than McCall as far as abilty and the fact that he didn't ****in' cry and have an emotional breakdown before and during his fights. This shlt is ridiculous that a fight fan can claim Joe wasn't an ATG. You should watch some films man. Please, for yourself.

Comment

Dude, this is just sad at this point. I mean, damn. Haha.

So being involved in the greatest trilogu in heavyweight history doesn't do anything. The fact that Ali was ready to quit when they stopped the thrilla in manila means nothing. The fact that he won a gold medal in '64 means nothing. Wins over Quarry mean nothing. Wins over Bonavena mean nothing. Honestly, if Oliver McCall gets to Lewis, I don't see how you can write off Joe who was a million times better than McCall as far as abilty and the fact that he didn't ****in' cry and have an emotional breakdown before and during his fights. This shlt is ridiculous that a fight fan can claim Joe wasn't an ATG. You should watch some films man. Please, for yourself.
                    So Frazier losing two of the trilogy means he's great? When did putting up fights but losing ever mean you were great?

Who cares if Ali was going to quit? The fact is, he didn't. So Frazier loses. End of story.

Audley Harrison won Olympic gold as well. Remember him?

I said the Quarry win was a good win, but just about.

Bonavena was a ****ing punch bag who never beat a single good fighter in his whole career. Why would beating this bum mean something positive?

Lennox has a stacked resume, that's why he's an ATG. Robinson has loses as well only to come back in the rematch, just like Lewis. You judge a fighter by who they beat. Lennox beat a huge list of good fighters or better.

Roy Jones was knocked out by Tarver and Johnson. Does that take way from what he achieved? Barrera was knocked out by "Poison" Jr Jones. Does that take away from what he achieved as well? No it doesn't because they achieved a lot in spite of those losses.

Lennox was a vastly superior fighter to that bum Bonavena who dropped Frazier twice and ran him close in a split decision. And what? We can both play that game. Frazier also had a close fight with another bum in Bugner. Frazier's eye didn't look too pretty that night did it?

Save the "You should watch them fight to know what you're talking about" Bollocks. I've seen his fights. It's you who didn't watch close enough if you think Frazier was an ATG. He wasn't even close to being.

Comment

So Frazier losing two of the trilogy means he's great? When did putting up fights but losing ever mean you were great?

Who cares if Ali was going to quit? The fact is, he didn't. So Frazier loses. End of story.

Audley Harrison won Olympic gold as well. Remember him?

I said the Quarry win was a good win, but just about.

Bonavena was a ****ing punch bag who never beat a single good fighter in his whole career. Why would beating this bum mean something positive?

Lennox has a stacked resume, that's why he's an ATG. Robinson has loses as well only to come back in the rematch, just like Lewis. You judge a fighter by who they beat. Lennox beat a huge list of good fighters or better.

Roy Jones was knocked out by Tarver and Johnson. Does that take way from what he achieved? Barrera was knocked out by "Poison" Jr Jones. Does that take away from what he achieved as well? No it doesn't because they achieved a lot in spite of those losses.

Lennox was a vastly superior fighter to that bum Bonavena who dropped Frazier twice and ran him close in a split decision. And what? We can both play that game. Frazier also had a close fight with another bum in Bugner. Frazier's eye didn't look too pretty that night did it?

Save the "You should watch them fight to know what you're talking about" Bollocks. I've seen his fights. It's you who didn't watch close enough if you think Frazier was an ATG. He wasn't even close to being.
                      Frazier did lose to Ali and Foreman. This is true. Ali and Foreman are both ATGs.

Lewis lost to McCall and Rahman. McCall and Rahman were good heavyweights at best. Not even close to ATGs. And Lennox wasn't old when he lost to them either.

Joe didn't just beat Ali either. He was the first to beat him. You think Ali's win over Foreman was great? I do. Why? Because he beat Foreman when he was this indestructible force. All hindisight is 20/20 but human nature doesn't change. Going in, most thought Foreman would destroy him like he'd destroyed everybody else, including Frazier. And Frazier beat Quarry twice. You said that was a good win. That's two good wins, along with the Ali official win since I guess he was just swatted around in the third fight. A loss is a loss. Doesn't matter how close the fight was. Come on, man. If you believe that bullshlt there's no point in taking anything you say seriously. When two guys go life and death, you have to respect the opponent who lost unless you have an agenda.

Now you go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X