Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> Golovkin is going to drop his WBA trinket...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    The belts mean a lot to GGG.

He'll do all he can to make the fight.

It's far more likely that Jacobs will drop his paper title.
    GGG has a few paper titles himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      GGG has a few paper titles himself.
      He's unified the titles.

He's the real WBA champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Loeffler has stated on many occasions that he has a good relationship with Haymon and has worked with him plenty of times.
        And this is the only way I see the fight getting made like I've said. Haymon & Tommy L will need to come to terms pre-purse bid. If it goes to a purse bid I think there are too many pitfalls that could prevent the fight.

Jacobs will never recover from ducking his mandatory.
        I disagree. Quillin dropped his belt to get future nice paydays. I don't see why Jacobs couldn't do the same such he starched Quillin to build up his own name now.

GGG will never recover from dropping the belt because his thing is all the belts.
        If HBO won't let him fight off of HBO & a PBC promoter wins the purse bid what choice does he have?

If he dropped the belt he's not getting that Canelo fight.
        He's not getting the Canelo fight already lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          It is possible but not out of fear of Jacobs or anything but more so because GGG and K2 basically works for HBO and what HBO and Peter Nelson say goes and if they so No Money For GGG vs Jacobs then they will find other options and drop that belt

Don't blame the fighters in this situation blame HBO, a network trying to play Promoter as well keeping fights from happening
          This. And I'll even go further & say the same for Jacobs' side cuz if he's not getting his value I can't blame him for dropping his trinket either.

These belts are worth less every day & I think situations like Quillin's, Canelo's & potentially this one along with all these guys who seem to lose belts on the scales these days suggest to me the fighters know this too.

So if this fight doesn't pop off & HBO won't let GGG fight off of HBO or K2 wins the purse bid for $6M give or take (which would mean Jacobs gets $1.5M which is the same he got for Quillin) I can't fault either fighter for Caneloing their belt.

Comment

Time for a tampon change, lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              And this is the only way I see the fight getting made like I've said. Haymon & Tommy L will need to come to terms pre-purse bid. If it goes to a purse bid I think there are too many pitfalls that could prevent the fight.

I disagree. Quillin dropped his belt to get future nice paydays. I don't see why Jacobs couldn't do the same such he starched Quillin to build up his own name now.

If HBO won't let him fight off of HBO & a PBC promoter wins the purse bid what choice does he have?

He's not getting the Canelo fight already lol.
              I don't want to hear any HBO/PBC excuses. Two PBC fighters have fought on HBO this year and a possible third with Peterson. So it's obvious politics aren't getting in the way from PBC's side. The only way I'll start to have doubt is if it gets close to the purse bid and the K2 affiliated (Steve Kim & Co.) media start putting articles out about Haymon being hard to work with or trying to justify why it would be OK for GGG to vacate. Then I'll start having doubts. But I don't see anything stopping this fight or either fighter vacating

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 09-12-2016, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I don't want to hear any HBO/PBC excuses. Two PBC fighters have fought on HBO this year and a possible third with Peterson. So it's obvious politics aren't getting in the way from PBC's side.
                I didn't say anything about politics between PBC & HBO.

On the HBO side its a contractual issue. And like it or not, & even I don't like it like I've said in numerous threads + I've said that I think all network contracts should have a purse bid out to them, but the reality is HBO is under zero obligation to "rent out" their fighters they have exclusive contracts with. On the Jacobs side I could easily see this fight not being won on a purse bid number by K2 that would provide him with enough money for this fight to make sense based on his previous paydays.

I don't really see the good & evil you & others seem to see here. Its kinda effed up, but HBO & Jacobs are completely right to feel the way I'm suggesting they could feel about this fight being made under various ways that are likely if it goes to a purse bid.

I don't see anything stopping this fight or either fighter vacating
                I got no clue how you don't see that. I mean how many contractually obligated HBO fighters fought off of HBO in the last decade? Idk tbqh, but its not many. I don't like HBO's fighter control they have, but contracts are contracts as anti-boxer guys say when a boxer sits for a year cuz he signed a ****ty promoter deal. So this fight is happening under the HBO banner or its not happening. Maybe...just maybe I could see this fight happening on Showtime PPV if HBO gets their piece, but beyond that this fight is only happening on HBO or HBO PPV with Tommy L & Haymon shaking hands on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  Jacobs as skilled as Brook?
                  I LOL'ed

Comment

Oh & you ignored my legit question for you. What do you suggest GGG do here if HBO doesn't let him fight off of HBO since he has a exclusive HBO contract assuming DiBella or Tom Brown wins the purse bid & wants to put the fight on NBC or Fox?

Comment

HBO allowed Pernell Whitaker, who was under exclusive contract with HBO, to fight JCC on Showtime ppv. So it's been done before.

It would make for an intelligent tactical maneuver by HBO (given their current state), if Haymon put up big money and agreed to put Golovkin/Jacobs on Fox, NBC, or CBS, to allow the fight and bring Golovkin back a much bigger name due to the exposure.

Comment

Working...
                      X