Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penalty Per LB if Canelo weighs in more than 152

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not heard anything about what the fine would be per pound. If the fine is not to much then Canelo should come in at or near 154 if he is having trouble making 152. That's what Floyd did when he made no effort to get down to the 144 pounds his contract called for when he fought Marquez. I think Canelo is honorable and will make the 152 he agreed to. He said he would be fine at that weight and I believe him. I will bet the usual $500 I bet on Canelo whenever he fights. This is the first time he has ever been an underdog. If he wins my $500 bet will earn me $1150. If he loses I will still be way ahead from the money I have made betting on him the last few years. I am glad this fight is on. I said on here many times that Floyd would never fight Canelo and I am happy to have been wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
      A gazillion dollars for every ounce over the catchweight, Floyd's just a B1TCH like that.
      Oooo I heard it was 10 bajillion and Canelo has to wear a patch on one eye but what do I know.

Comment

you guys are crazy if you think Canelo will come in at 154 and just pay a small fine. It's freakin Floyd Mayweather we're talking about, he calls the shots, you really think he would let some 22 year old cheat him on the scales and get away with it? Floyd aint stupid, he pulled the same stunt vs Marquez so he knows what's up. he definitely made sure Canelo will not come in over, either some huge $10 million fine or just flat out call the fight off in the contract

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Canelo is coming in at 154 at the weigh in.
          Goldenboy..specifically Oscar probably told him to just weigh in at 154 and they will take care of the fines.

Trust me. Canelo is not coming in under 154.

So once we have official weigh in numbers, that gives Floyd Mayweather haters 24 hours to come up with a new excuse as to why Canelo lost or why Floyd is cherry picking
          Get real bro Floyd is taking this fight because everyone is on to his cherry picking. Believe that! If he could get away with fighting Khan he would. If Floyd loses u will know why hes been cherry picking. If he wins good he should of stopped ducking sooner

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            If there is not a penalty, then I am sure Floyd let them know the fight is off if he doesn't make weight.
            I don't see it as a problem, Canelo came in at 153 for Trout, with proper training and nutrition that extra pound shouldn't mean much.
            As a Canelo fan, you won't hear any weight drained excused if my guy loses Sept. 14th.
            If thats true then ur right. One pound aint ****

Comment

if canelo is overweight than Floyd will probably just puss out tbh

Comment

i REALLY hope that Canelo does come in at 154

Comment

I am sure the penalty is financially significant. Doubt Canelo wants to lose and then lose more money for his mega fight with Floyd. If I were doing the contract, I would penalize Canelo by lowering the PPV% if he comes in overweight.

Comment

If he offered to come in at 152 why would he come in at 54? He signed a contract at 152 so thats what he'll weigh its not a big deal to them why is it a big deal to the fans? Its TWO freakin' Pounds!!!!! Get over it! Ray

Comment

The fine is probably huge. Floyd had a 300K penalty against JMM and he held ALL the card. Probably a mil+ per pound for canelo. He's not coming in over 152

Comment

Working...
                      X