No announcement yet.

It seemed like the HBO crew were hating on Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seemed like the HBO crew were hating on Gamboa

I just re watched the gamboa-ponce fight this time it I saw it with HBO commentating and they were way too picky against gamboa from the 2nd round on. They were trying to pretend like it was even close and that it was embarrassing gamboa didn't win in 1 round like juanma did (lucky punch).

The only person that wasn't biased was harold letterman that had gamboa winning all 8 rounds up to the stoppage.

Anyway fights on youtube now just search for it if you missed it

It's because they want to see the really exciting explosive Gamboa. If they dont get that Gamboa they don't really enjoy it.

Comment

You can't say that was Gamboa's most impressive showing, can you now?

Comment

They can't accept that gamboa can only bring 19 exciting fights out of 20.
        ******s

Comment

They're trying to pressure Gamboa to become mOre marketable. It's good for him and good for them.

Comment

HBO is trying to tell Gamboa what he needs to do to become a super star... stop ****in running and start letting those hands go

Comment

Gamboa is boring to them but Andre Berto is a a GOD with PURE ENTERTAINMENT non stop and even compared him to Meldrick Taylor!

Comment

I think Gamboa is just coming into his own as an overall fighter. Yea, he's probably not as explosive when he first came on the scene, but you have to admit you see maturity in his style. He's still really quick, still has power. It seems like his defense has gotten much better and he's taking lesser risks and just maintaining the game plan.

Also, styles make fights. When he gets in there with the Mikey Garcia, Juan Mas of the world, you'll see fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  I think Gamboa is just coming into his own as an overall fighter. Yea, he's probably not as explosive when he first came on the scene, but you have to admit you see maturity in his style. He's still really quick, still has power. It seems like his defense has gotten much better and he's taking lesser risks and just maintaining the game plan.

Also, styles make fights. When he gets in there with the Mikey Garcia, Juan Mas of the world, you'll see fireworks.
                  This right here.

I think Gamboa was trying to show his boxing side. He wanted to let people know that he wasn't just a swarmer and that he has skills too.

Gamboa even said that he wanted to put more rounds in. I saw it too.

Gamboa was putting in more combinations and trying to do some footwork. He wasn't the same guy who fought Salido and Solis. He is definitely trying to improve his skills and techniques.

Also, Gamboa might be preparing for the heavier weight class where his power might not transfer or it might. He might just be trying to do different things before he faces someone he just can't win by swarming or overpowering.
                  Last edited by jjbj2; 09-14-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

It's all good. Yuri is doing what he has to do; he's finding his wings as a professional. You better believe that the explosive powerhouse that his fans know and love will re-emerge soon enough. The first guy he fights at 130 will probably catch a taste of the old "Ciclon". Gamboa is not a flash in the pan. The way he dominated Ponce De Leon, while not as exciting as we've become used to seeing, is just another way he can win.

Comment

Working...
                    X