No announcement yet.

What protein powders do you drink?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nm.................
    Last edited by Journeyman; 06-25-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
      no offense but you dont know what youre talking about. ON is top notch i dont think you will find a single person who knows what hes talking about out there that would agree with you. stop guessing
      LOL. Guessing?? No, I'm not guessing. Take it from someone who knows. I've probably been taking supplements and been into this industry, longer then you've been alive. Don't tell me I don't know how it is.

Have a nice day, Ace.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyMarciano View Post
        LOL. Guessing?? No, I'm not guessing. Take it from someone who knows. I've probably been taking supplements and been into this industry, longer then you've been alive. Don't tell me I don't know how it is.

Have a nice day, Ace.
        you know? what do you know? youre guessing. advertising means you reach more people, you sell more, you make more money. you make it sound like companies have to sell a cheaper product in order to advertise, like they dont make any money off of advertising. way more than they would lose by advertising. if that wasnt the case you wouldnt see any companies advertise anymore. you dont go advertise if you dont make any money. have you ever watched TV? i guess using your logic all those companies must be broke and offer a terrible product

so no how do you "know" stuff? youre guessing, thats it.

plenty of guys in our gym swear by ON and like i said find me somebody that is legit and that people know confirm what youre claiming. you wont find anybody

Comment

[QUOTE=Bullrush;8703235]you know? what do you know? youre guessing. advertising means you reach more people, you sell more, you make more money. you make it sound like companies have to sell a cheaper product in order to advertise, like they dont make any money off of advertising. way more than they would lose by advertising. if that wasnt the case you wouldnt see any companies advertise anymore. you dont go advertise if you dont make any money. have you ever watched TV? i guess using your logic all those companies must be broke and offer a terrible product

so no how do you "know" stuff? youre guessing, thats it.

plenty of guys in our gym swear by ON and like i said find me somebody that is legit and that people know confirm what youre claiming. you wont find anybody[/QUOT

The money they make goes towards MORE ADVERTISING. The topic of this thread is about protein powders. I'm telling you and anyone else that will listen, that 99.9% of the time, the bigger the company, the less quality they're products are. I can find a handful of other protein powders that are alot better then anything that these big companies put out. Do you ever read lables?? Do you know how to actually find out the % of protein in each scoop you take?? ON's protein is at best, average. BSN's Syntha 6 is downright, horrible. Yeah, it tastes good, but that has to do with the fat and other fillers they add to it. Same with Cytosport's MuscleMilk. Gaspari Nutrition is in the same boat as the rest of the bunch.

What I'm saying is, for those of you out there that are taking protein shakes(and I would encourage all to do so, even if you're not an athlete) get the best protein you can find, and that's going to be a Whey Isolate, and only a Whey Isolate. Not a concentrate or a blend of the two, and make sure it's at least over 80% protein in each scoop.

Don't fall for the hype, guys.

Comment

Here's some powder's to check out. They can all be found on BodyBuilding.com, or maybe even VitaminShoppe.com

AllMax Nutrition's ISOFLEX & ISONATURAL
            Syntrax's NECTAR (Try and stay with the fruit juice flavors)
            NxLabs ISO XP
            Integrated Supplements Whey Protein Isolate (Natural Flavor)
            Bioplex WPI (Natural Flavor)

Hope that helps.

Comment

muscle milk lite is probably the best or whey protein

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyMarciano View Post
                Brand names to avoid:

Optimum Nutrition
                BSN
                MuscleTech
                Gaspari Nutrition
                GNC Product line
                MusclePharm

There's very good reasons to avoid these certain companies, ON in particular.
                i see YOU say a lot, but do you have sources?!?!

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                LMAO. You don't know ****.

Optimum Nutrition and Gaspari make some of the better supps on the market.

I'd love to hear your reasoning... or should I say your regurgitation of someone else's reasoning.
                my *****

Comment

[QUOTE=-veteran420-;8713873]i see YOU say a lot, but do you have sources?!?!

Yes, I have sources. Going back 17 yrs. Look, you guys can do what you want, but when it comes to protein powders, there are far better companies out there who put out a better product. They might not have all the advertising that these bigger companies have, but that's exactly why they can make a better product. They don't have the huge overhead. Just compare labels, people. When deciding on what kind of protein to take, the best is a Whey Isolate, and you want to make sure you get over 80% of protein, per scoop. Simple as that.

Comment

Enjoy putting heavy metals and toxic into your body.. just saying

And your beloved ON is listed on that chart... enjoy that Arsenic.

Bullrush, you're an idiot....stop acting like you know everything. You're only making yourself look like a fool. I bet you'll tell all your friends not to take ON after reading this...****ing chump

edit: There are more brands out there that contain heavy metals and what not...and I know which ones to avoid... haha
                    Last edited by dreaded_FIST; 06-27-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                      You do know trace amounts of heavy metals are found in...everything we eat.
                      Do me a favour and provide empirical evidence (any study, really; amuse me) of the comparable amount being food in food I eat. Note: I don't consume dolphin.

E

Comment

Working...
                      X