Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets All Start Appreciating the Floyd-JMM Fight!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    ****en exactly. I cannot fathom how PBF fans can get so excited with fights like this where Floyd has so many advantages. I dont understand why they dont like to see Floyd challenged.

HOW?! If it was at 135-140, then yeah, the playing field would be leveled, but at 144+? How could anyone like this fight over Mayweather/Mosley or Mayweather/Cotto? How can these people call themselves Boxing fans?

Regardless, I appreciate JMM for wanting to take such a monumental task, but lose whatever respect I had for Mayweather for avoiding one. Ridiculous.
    whatever respect you had for Floyd? How much was that? Its hard to lose more then 0. Didnt Oscar have all the advantages on Floyd? If Floyd fights any big WW, wont they outweigh him by 15-22 pounds? How come no one answers that part? Yet you guys call him a ***** if he doesnt fight them. Last but not least, why do you guys keep acting like its either or? I dont think he's going to fight JMM and then retire or fight JMM & Pac and then retire. He's going to fight some more WW's. I bet anything that he fights Mosley if he hasnt lost by then

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      I bet you and bringer will watch it though. Why watch it if its a B.S. fight?
      Of course I'm going to watch it.

Juan Manuel Marquez is my 2nd favorite active fighter alive today. Probably #1 if Hopkins is retiring like I think he will.

But it's still a one sided match for Floyd.

Hell, even at 135lbs, Marquez is a very small man. At 144, or whatever the catchweight is going to be, he's going to be even smaller.

But fuck it, I'll support his warrior ass anyway.

WAR Marquez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

whatever respect you had for Floyd? How much was that? Its hard to lose more then 0. Didnt Oscar have all the advantages on Floyd? If Floyd fights any big WW, wont they outweigh him by 15-22 pounds? How come no one answers that part? Yet you guys call him a ***** if he doesnt fight them. Last but not least, why do you guys keep acting like its either or? I dont think he's going to fight JMM and then retire or fight JMM & Pac and then retire. He's going to fight some more WW's. I bet anything that he fights Mosley if he hasnt lost by then
        What advantages? Size? Age? Tell me how being heavier than the smartest, fastest and best conditioned fighter in the world is a big advantage?

And are you SERIOUSLY going to compare the ONE WEIGHT class advantage Oscar had over Floyd to what Floyd will have over JMM? Seriously DLT? You're a joke of a "fan".

Comment

****en exactly. I cannot fathom how PBF fans can get so excited with fights like this where Floyd has so many advantages. I dont understand why they dont like to see Floyd challenged.

If it was at 135-140, then yeah, the playing field would be leveled, but at 144+? How could anyone like this fight over Mayweather/Mosley or Mayweather/Cotto? How can these people call themselves Boxing fans? HOW?!

Regardless, I appreciate JMM for wanting to take such a monumental task, but lose whatever respect I had for Mayweather for avoiding one. Ridiculous.

I know I can have the security of saying that my favorite fighter continuously challenged himself in his career proving his worth whenever the opportunity. Win or lose.

I'm not a Floyd hater either, I've always had a healthy amount of respect for the man's abilities in the ring, and I've been anticipating his comeback eagerly because it opens up so many other interesting fight possibilities.

This fight is not one of them.

As for the people who will say "Marquez was the one who called out Floyd!".

Yes. He did.

So did quite a few other active fighters during Floyd's retirement, including Shane Mosley.

Why didn't Floyd go after any of them?

Why Marquez, of all the guys who called him out?

Because he's so clearly the favorite, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Of course I'm going to watch it.

Juan Manuel Marquez is my 2nd favorite active fighter alive today. Probably #1 if Hopkins is retiring like I think he will.

But it's still a one sided match for Floyd.

Hell, even at 135lbs, Marquez is a very small man. At 144, or whatever the catchweight is going to be, he's going to be even smaller.

But fuck it, I'll support his warrior ass anyway.

WAR Marquez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            How can you guys keep saying that? Your guys are just saying it just to say it and to take away credit from Floyd. He was not a small LW. He just KO the #1 guy at LW who seemed like he would never be stopped and he did not look like he was a small man in the ring. On top of that he was going to 140 anyways. Its not like he was going to finish his career at 135. On top of that Floyd comes in at 148. He's not a WW. He's just a guy fighting at WW and you can tell that by the way he fights in the ring. People act like Floyd is a 160 pounder who is picking on the smallest LW in the world when the truth is that they weigh basically the same thing in the ring and if JMM doesnt fight Floiyd, he will be fighting only a few pounds south of Floyd and I dont think anyone would be shocked if JMM was the best guy at 140. Then if he wanted to fight Floyd then people would say that it is a real fight at 144. Even moreso, the same people were saying the same exact thing about Pac. I remember clear as day that everyone was saying that Pac isnt a real LW. Yet in his very next fight he jumped 2 full classes to fight Oscar and now says he will never fight under 140 again. People are overdoing this just because of the 2 guys it is

Comment

Yes. He did.

So did quite a few other active fighters during Floyd's retirement, including Shane Mosley.

because out of all of those that called him out, beating Marquez would benefit him the most on paper. It would be the easier win out of Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, Williams.

Thing is, his most devoted fans justify his refusal to fight him because they feel he is too small for them, too small to fight fighters in the division he was THE champ in. yet, they dont have a problem with him fighting someone 2 divisions south of him.

Comment

What advantages? Size? Age? Tell me how being heavier than the smartest, fastest and best conditioned fighter in the world is a big advantage?

And are you SERIOUSLY going to compare the ONE WEIGHT class advantage Oscar had over Floyd to what Floyd will have over JMM? Seriously DLT? You're a joke of a "fan".
                How can you say one weight class when the guy weighs 148 pounds? Floyd could fight every single fight at 154 right now but that doesnt make him a 154 pounder. For you guys to keep saying that he's a WW is a joke. He's clearly not. He's not even bigger then anyone at 140 let alone WW. Forget Oscar, IM even talking about the WW's. The guys in his same division. They clearly look like there atleast 2 divisions over him naturaly

Comment

Marquez is like a cheap prostitute, taking a fight he knows he cant win for the money. Maybe he will make a backroom deal with Fraud to take it easy on him.

Comment

How can you guys keep saying that? Your guys are just saying it just to say it and to take away credit from Floyd. He was not a small LW. He just KO the #1 guy at LW who seemed like he would never be stopped and he did not look like he was a small man in the ring. On top of that he was going to 140 anyways. Its not like he was going to finish his career at 135.
                    Yes. He was going to 140. Not 141, 142, 143, 144, or 145. But 140.

Even moreso, the same people were saying the same exact thing about Pac. I remember clear as day that everyone was saying that Pac isnt a real LW. Yet in his very next fight he jumped 2 full classes to fight Oscar and now says he will never fight under 140 again. People are overdoing this just because of the 2 guys it is
                    This is the definition of a "strawman".

There is no comparison between Mayweather fighting Marquez at 144 or 145, to Pacquiao jumping up from 135 to fight the walking corpse of Oscar De La Hoya.

If Oscar had been Oscar that night, Manny's brains would've been scrambled.

Comment

I'm not a Floyd hater either, I've always had a healthy amount of respect for the man's abilities in the ring, and I've been anticipating his comeback eagerly because it opens up so many other interesting fight possibilities.

This fight is not one of them.

Yes. He did.

you are talking about 2 different things and you know it. When people are talking about guys calling him out, there not talking about the fighter. Theyre just talking about the weight. Theyre saying that if JMM called him out then he should come to Floyd. Theyre not talking about the fighters. Alot of people call Floyd out. That means nothing to me. Emmanual Augustus still calls Floyd out. Margarito was calling Floyd out when Floyd was at LW. Again, none of you said anything. Floyd called out Oscar and went to Oscar. Floyd was a LW and knew he had to come to 154. Thats the only reason why he moved up. Floyd was talking about Tito and he said that he would fight him at 160. He knows that if he calls him out then he has to go to him. When Floyd was talking about fighting Winky he knew he had to go to 154 and Floyd was at 140 then if you remember.

Comment

Working...
                      X