Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Footage Of Holman Williams or Lloyd Marshell Will Ever Come About?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think Footage Of Holman Williams or Lloyd Marshell Will Ever Come About?

What are the chances of this happeening, and do you think anyone has footage of them?

Originally posted by Boxing_12 View Post
    What are the chances of this happeening, and do you think anyone has footage of them?
    i have footage of both

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      i have footage of both
      Put it on Youtube.

Comment

There's the Lloyd Marshall vs Ezzard Charles II fight. I've never come across Holman Williams footage and I'd have to doubt that any exist unless I see it with my own eyes.

Comment

I saw Marshall fight live if that scores me any points? Unfortunately it was the cockell fight in harringay so can't pass on any real first hand insights LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
            I saw Marshall fight live if that scores me any points? Unfortunately it was the cockell fight in harringay so can't pass on any real first hand insights LOL.
            A past prime Marshall is better than seeing no Marshall, even if it's just for 35 seconds.

I notice that Randy Turpin fought Luc Van Dam in the same card which also ended in a first round knockout. I think I've see that fight, it's a possibility that the Cockell-Marshall II fight was filmed as well. Too bad Marshall didn't last very long in there, he always had some chin problems from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              i have footage of both
              I'd have to see it with my own eye first. You also said it like it was nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                A past prime Marshall is better than seeing no Marshall, even if it's just for 35 seconds.
                I guess though its a bit like seeing him just for the sake of it. I remember my Dad who took me gave Williams such a build up and bang it was over I don't think he landed a punch lol.
                I notice that Randy Turpin fought Luc Van Dam in the same card which also ended in a first round knockout.
                How do you see what was on the cards, love to see if it stirs any memories?
                Can't place that Turpin fight on that same night but you'll have to forgive time and a fading memory.
                THe Turpin fight was probably the one we was there for, my Dad was a big Turpin and Freddie Mills fan so went to a fair few of their fights. But I remember Williams on account of the big press my Dad gave him and wondered after the fight what the big deal was about
                He didn't take me to the Robinson Turpin fight though, a long story for which I still haven't forgiven him for may he rest in piece lol.
                Harringay put on some great cards in that era such a shame it has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                  I guess though its a bit like seeing him just for the sake of it. I remember my Dad who took me gave Williams such a build up and bang it was over I don't think he landed a punch lol.

How do you see what was on the cards, love to see if it stirs any memories?
                  Can't place that Turpin fight on that same night but you'll have to forgive time and a fading memory.
                  THe Turpin fight was probably the one we was there for, my Dad was a big Turpin and Freddie Mills fan so went to a fair few of their fights. But I remember Williams on account of the big press my Dad gave him and wondered after the fight what the big deal was about
                  He didn't take me to the Robinson Turpin fight though, a long story for which I still haven't forgiven him for may he rest in piece lol.
                  Harringay put on some great cards in that era such a shame it has gone.
                  Turpin-Robinson I would have surely been some fight to watch live.

This is a good site to use, you can find all the fights listed there:

http://www.boxrec.com/date_search.ph...51&mm=02&dd=27

Harringay Arena, Harringay, London, United Kingdom

Randy Turpin W Luc van Dam KO 1 15x3

Don Cockell W Lloyd Marshall KO 1 10x3

Terry Ratcliffe W Billy Rattray KO 4 8x3

Cliff Anderson D Gustave Perrot PTS 8 8x3

Gordon Hazell W Michael Stack PTS 8 8x3

Jackie Turpin W Tommy Miller PTS 6 6x3

Jack (Jock) MacVicar W Ken Wyatt PTS 4 4x3
                  Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-14-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Turpin-Robinson I would have surely been some fight to watch live.

This is a good site to use, you can find all the fights listed there:

http://www.boxrec.com/date_search.ph...51&mm=02&dd=27

Harringay Arena, Harringay, London, United Kingdom

Randy Turpin W Luc van Dam KO 1 15x3

Don Cockell W Lloyd Marshall KO 1 10x3

Terry Ratcliffe W Billy Rattray KO 4 8x3

Cliff Anderson D Gustave Perrot PTS 8 8x3

Gordon Hazell W Michael Stack PTS 8 8x3

Jackie Turpin W Tommy Miller PTS 6 6x3

Jack (Jock) MacVicar W Ken Wyatt PTS 4 4x3
                    Thankyou for the site.
                    Yes don't rub it in about Turpin Robinson lol.
                    Must have seen a good dozen of Turpin's fights and missed the big one!

Comment

Working...
                    X