Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Veteran Judge: Horn Has No Real Talent, Pacquiao By KO in 3 To 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
    I watched a couple of Horn's fights and he looked like a less intense version of Mikey K, bit taller as well of course.
    You can see he's a good fighter but hmm.. this is a strange match-up. Why don't they hold it at the MCG? Isn't that over 100,000?
    That's just in the stands, if you set up seating on the field you'd get 140k, but you take a big chance with melbournes weather, the saying goes, 4 seasons in 1 day, if it is in Melbourne I will be there with bells on, **** fight but smart business by arum, he would sell out the MCG easily, fans would fly from all states to see pacquaio fight

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      Who knew PAC still had ride or die stans like this?
      I guess he does Kagami!

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
        People keep referring to Horn as a 'bum' and saying he has fought nobodies, yet he has fought fighters just as high in calibre as Crawford, other than Victor Postol of course. People need to credit Horns wins more.
        Where are these wins? Who has he beaten that's better than Crawford's best? Be specific please. Name names.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Who knew PAC still had ride or die stans like this?
          I thought he was joking around the first time he said it, but it turns out he's deadly serious.

Comment

You don't get where Horn has gotten without some talent. This official is a dummy. Now granted Horn isn't on par with Manny or even old Manny, but the kid gots some talent & skill.

Comment

pac will end his ko less streak. he will carry the bum a few rds, just to make it look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                You can buy ratings, Horn is not very good look at his fights he is not ready nor qualified to fight Manny.

The guys rated below him that you mention ALL beat him, his ranking is off Bailey and Funika, both shot , the guy has a draw and has been on his ass in 17 fights, he aint near ready and right now he is every bit a Rod Salka level guy.
                Rod Salka level? Dude I'm probably putting too much weight on some mythical on paper ratings...but I do realize how imperfect the science of rating boxers is...but Rod Salka level? Salka was rated 77th (SEVENTY-SEVENTH!!) in his division when Danny fought him...and now he's rated north of 100. Horn is rated 11th. Are you telling me that boxrec's ratings are so flawed that they can have two guys separated by nearly 100 spots (Salka is rated 108th to be exact), yet they're still basically equal in reality!?

Comment

Anyone who hadn't seen a few Horn fights prior to this fight being talked about can't really comment.

No point watching his fights after you've already decided he's a bum because your boxing knowledge is limited and you've never heard of him.

Then you're just seeing what you want to see and its just conformation bias.

Of course he wont beat Pac and he hasn't earnt a fight with him but he beats alot of guys at WW.
                  Last edited by Furn; 01-19-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                    Anyone who hadn't seen a few Horn fights prior to this fight being talked about can't really comment.

No point watching his fights after you've already decided he's a bum because your boxing knowledge is limited and you've never heard of him.

Then you're just seeing what you want to see and its just conformation bias.

Of course he wont beat Pac and he hasn't earnt a fight with him but he beats alot of guys at WW.
                    its not a coincidence some guys are mentioned prior to their biggest fight

its no coincidence that wealthy athletes tend to be among the most talented.

people are trying to give this bum some credit when there wasnt any to be found prior to the pac fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Rod Salka level? Dude I'm probably putting too much weight on some mythical on paper ratings...but I do realize how imperfect the science of rating boxers is...but Rod Salka level? Salka was rated 77th (SEVENTY-SEVENTH!!) in his division when Danny fought him...and now he's rated north of 100. Horn is rated 11th. Are you telling me that boxrec's ratings are so flawed that they can have two guys separated by nearly 100 spots (Salka is rated 108th to be exact), yet they're still basically equal in reality!?
                      Im throwing ratings out the window and looking at the fighter, I have my own ratings when I watch a guy box, Jeff Horn is not very good, nowhere near this level.

Comment

Working...
                      X