Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Ward Shouldn't Fight Kovalev; GGG 'Easy' Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd identifying his entire career philosophy right there. Always take the path of least resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      Only Floyd doesn't even see that his entire statement is caked in racism.

Does anyone believe these Floyd/Ward fans would give GGG a break if he fought one completely wrecked Paul Smith in 3 years.

Wards last decent fight was a drained Dawson.

This guys career is dookie.
      respect is not a think ward needs..he's had that since he won the super 6..it isnt something that goes away in the sport of boxing...ask tyson..he left and ppl still had him at the top...ask mikey garcia..he's done way less tha ward an up until 6 months ago ppl still talked about him coming back...
      if u take care of being respected early that buys you some time if things go wrong..so u're comparison is pretty bad, bc u know in your heart of hearts that andre ward is still a man that can beat anyone..im not even a ward fan, but trust me HE'S A BAD MF

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        Can anyone say that Floyd/Ward fans would be forgiving if GGG fought one damaged Paul smith in years.

Floyd's a complete racist. And he wants fighters to follow his cowardly path.
        IF GGG HAD EARNED HIS RESPECT prior to have a layoff due to politics im sure ppl would get it, but his best name still being geale makes u say "hmmmm"

understand ward felt like he deserved better..he'd fought the best and ppl didnt buy into..can u image doing wat you love and being the best at it only to see 300ppl in the crowd?
        cant you see how it seems unworth it??
        fans are the reason that nobody wants to fight him bc why fight the best if ucant get paid for it??

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          I, too, was hoping Ward would get the chance to add Golovkin's scalp to his resume. But HBO prevented it.

It's funny to see Golovkin picking on retired WWs and blown-up JMWs and Kovalev set-up to fight Ward who is moving up from 168, but they are celebrated.

Ward is moving up one division to fight the most dangerous man in boxing but he doesn't seem to get any respect for it.

Fans instead focus on the Paul Smith fight or a potential Brand or Periban fight in the interim. None of these fanboys were crawling up Kovalev's ass when he was fighting Agnew and Caparello and Mohammedi.

It seems that this website has different standards for different fighters. Americans are typically held to a higher standard.
          I know Golovkin's fan seem intent on giving him credit for fights he hasn't yet fought. It seems strange to see that you want to do the same with Ward while complaining about boxers not being held to the same standard.

So what is it? Should we give credit to boxers for fights they haven't fought or not?

Ward is still on the p4p list. He's still respected by those that matter for his accomplishments so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Floyd identifying his entire career philosophy right there. Always take the path of least resistance.
            i think he's saying why is one party forced to do something when the next party is not? and i think u really missed that..

he basically said we should get all the best fights and it should have started with ward vs ggg.

and they did say hopkins was fightin smaller men..but the same ppl are asking for cdanelo to sacrifice himself

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              respect is not a think ward needs..he's had that since he won the super 6..it isnt something that goes away in the sport of boxing...ask tyson..he left and ppl still had him at the top...ask mikey garcia..he's done way less tha ward an up until 6 months ago ppl still talked about him coming back...
              if u take care of being respected early that buys you some time if things go wrong..so u're comparison is pretty bad, bc u know in your heart of hearts that andre ward is still a man that can beat anyone..im not even a ward fan, but trust me HE'S A BAD MF
              i guess it depends who you talk to. some fans give fighters forever passes and support anything they do. even ducking and not fighting anyone good for 4 years. i don't respect that. i respect that he won the super six but not in the way he won it where he had every fight in his home country while froch had to fight in 4 countries and he headbutted and clinched nonstop against kessler and bika.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                My point is that no one should care what this selfish, criminal ****face thinks. His commentary on race in boxing is about as credible as his claim that he gives the fans the fights they want.

Comment

Floyd is such a phoney ass ninja. That's what kills me. Man, he's such a fraud. He know damn well he knows what Sergey Kovalev name is. Like why even say u don't?? He was just in Russia too having open workouts. He mentions Bernard Hopkins in he article and the last guy to beat Hop was Sergey. His man Al has Adonis ducking him. Ward is being pushed to him. You know who the hell he is Floyd. I thought this was just stupid from Mayweather. Talking out his ass for no reason. He's always saying he don't know a fighters name as if he's afraid ninjas is gonna ask him to spell it or something. ****ing idiot.
                  Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 12-31-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

lol the hypocrisy here is too strong!

Ward shouldn't move up in weight to fight Kovalev, HBO trying to make him lose.
                    Golovkin should move up in weight to fight Ward, GGG will lose!

Really? Its like Floyd is a member of NSB. I'm starting to realize the Floyd fans on here have some sort of group think going on; no real original thoughts, one guy says something they all say it.

I'm glad he brought up Hopkins because the two biggest names in the sport when Hops was at middleweight were Oscar and Tito. Very similar to the Cotto & Canelo deal. Tito went up to 160 and won a belt. So did Cotto. Oscar did as well, although looked bad against Sturm. All these fights make sense.

Now, Hopkins was calling out other 154 pounders too, guys like Mosley & Vargas and a few others. Golvokin hasn't done that. He's going after middleweight title holders (Canelo and prior Cotto when he was champion). The only guy from 154 Golovkin said he'd like to fight was Floyd Mayweather, his "dream fight" and obviously biggest fight for anyone. You don't see Golovkin calling out smaller names at 154, he's not calling out the entire division he only wanted Floyd. Mayweather of course leaves out the fact the guys hes trying to fight are MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONS. GGG isn't calling out James Kirkland and the likes lol. What a joke comment and its all because he feels salty that Ward is being "forced" to fight Kovalev even though Ward himself has been moving up in weight himself (no one forced him, nor could they). Gotta love the line that 'if Golovkin is so good then why dont he fight Ward' and not realizing the same damn thing applies to Ward (if hes so good then why cant he fight Kovalev).

Terrible logic.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      i guess it depends who you talk to. some fans give fighters forever passes and support anything they do. even ducking and not fighting anyone good for 4 years. i don't respect that. i respect that he won the super six but not in the way he won it where he had every fight in his home country while froch had to fight in 4 countries and he headbutted and clinched nonstop against kessler and bika.
                      how is it ducking when you are in legal limbo with your promoter? all the money he could have made in fights could have got tied up in court..if u really think a duck enters the super 6 u're nuts bro...froch, abraham, kessler, dirrell...THAT IS NOT SOEMTHING U GO INTO IN FEAR OF FIGHTIN THE BEST!

IF THEY WANTED WARD TO MOVE COUNTRIES THEY SHOULD HAVE BEAT HIM! u mad at ward for headbutting, but did u call out froch for hitting dirrell in every illegal spot or are u playing the "i only see ward game again?" bc this is exactly why ppl are speakin on these issues...u think holyfield is a great fighter? hopkins??? guess wat they did w/e to win!..he beat these dudes fair and square and he let his hands go plenty times in the process..

to me respect is not something u lose...its just something that u will find yourself defending again..

i can name too many ppl that took long breaks and still came back to win..let it play out, but u have to stop wishing ill will on ppl who have did wat we want in the sport to support a guy who is chasing billy joe saunders..

i get it he wants the titles, but be honest there is not interest in that match up man to man

Comment

Working...
                      X