No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Catchweight Criticism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Ironically, he looked better in the ring this year than he did last year. 0-2.

He may have a Duran-Barkley or Moore moment left but the times are a changing.
    Yeah. I think that may be difficult though because I'm not sure mentally, that he's still capable of maintaining that hunger, giving 100% and not suffering irreparable psychological damage from the KO loss.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Yeah. I think that may be difficult though because I'm not sure mentally, that he's still capable of maintaining that hunger, giving 100% and not suffering irreparable psychological damage from the KO loss.
      Fighters have been knocked out as bad and come back. I think he'll shake it off easier than most think. The commitment issue could be a big one. I use the Duran comparison because Duran was streaky after Leonard II and Hearns. It's about the right foe for a moment more than another sustained run.

Could just as easy go the Roy route and just be over. He ain't young.

Comment

Fighters have been knocked out as bad and come back. I think he'll shake it off easier than most think. The commitment issue could be a big one. I use the Duran comparison because Duran was streaky after Leonard II and Hearns. It's about the right foe for a moment more than another sustained run.

Could just as easy go the Roy route and just be over. He ain't young.
        Yeah - his age and regression is why I'm not sure he comes back so easy. He hasn't looked good in a long time.

Comment

Yeah - his age and regression is why I'm not sure he comes back so easy. He hasn't looked good in a long time.
          I thought he looked good against Bradley and looked as good as he has in years in Marquez IV until the boom. That may have been a last gasp.

Comment

I thought he looked good against Bradley and looked as good as he has in years in Marquez IV until the boom. That may have been a last gasp.
            I don't know, C. I thought both he and Bradley looked mediocre. Bradley was very sloppy and Manny was so flat-footed--not to mention his punch output decreased considerably. What did impress me about his performance was that he showed some veteran craftiness I'm not used to seeing from him; probably because he usually overwhelms foes.

As for Marquez IV...he looked great offensively but defensively...horrible.

Comment

I don't know, C. I thought both he and Bradley looked mediocre. Bradley was very sloppy and Manny was so flat-footed--not to mention his punch output decreased considerably. What did impress me about his performance was that he showed some veteran craftiness I'm not used to seeing from him; probably because he usually overwhelms foes.

As for Marquez IV...he looked great offensively but defensively...horrible.
              Actually, I found Pacquiao to look the worst in Bradley, defensively. He had little to no head movement and was being caught on his way out far more than even in Marquez III. He simply looked lazy.

In IV, he actually looked more sound defensively, slipping and weaving after every combination. I think that was what confused Marquez the most and allowed Manny to land several flush shots in the 5th.

At this point, it is hardly about weight, but more on (probably) conditioning.

Comment

Working...
              X