Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got the truth on Wilder. From multiple sources. Wladimir,trainers etc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I want to see him show more BOXING SKILLS and he has it, I mean the guy is an Olympic Medal Winner so I know he can BOX, but the problem with a lot of American Heavyweights is that they try to be Mike Tyson and score impressive KO's...he will end up like Mitchell if he keeps collecting KO's against BUMS and not work on his BOXING SKILLS and get in some rounds and test his Cardio and see how long he can go, can he out-box an opponent and go that Distance

That is what I want to see...25 Fights and 25 KO's don't fukin impress me!

But Wilder has more of a boxing background then Mitchell so I think he will go further then Mitchell but I could see him getting Knocked Out once he steps up competition if he doesn't try to become more a complete fighter and stop worrying about collecting KO's

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
      Nope. You got the right person and I 100% agree with you. If he don't step it up like now, it probably mean he's either 1-with a extremely bad team or 2-they are hiding something like a glass jaw.

Either way you are right. It's pretty much now or forget it. So we will see.
      Well here's the thing, I don't mind up and comer's fighting some unknowns here and there as long as we get to see him progress in every fight and settle into his own style of fighting. For example Mickey Garcia, hes fought nothing but tomato cans and yet he is still the same fighter from two years ago. Fighting all this unknown's is not helping him at all. Now take Broner as another example, he fought many unknown's as well but each time he steps into the ring he seems more comfortable and he has settle into his own style. By the time someone has 20+ fights they should be ready to step up to the next level of competition. Maybe not fighting world class top of the division fighters but at least well known names or what we call gate keepers. Just how I see it

Comment

Andre Ward.
        """
        the 2004 gold medalist and current top dog in the 168-pound weight class. Ward's first two bouts were with undefeated novices in four- and six-round fights. He stayed at the six-round level for two years, the eight-round level for another year, and started fighting ten-rounders in November 2007.

He did not advance to fighting his first tough fight until May 2009, when Ward took on Edison Miranda. Ward's almost five year development timeline is a bit longer than usual, but still within the bounds of normal expectation.""

Wilder is moving at the same exact pace actually and is only a Bronze Medalist.

Look at Ward now. Just something interesting I think people should read into.

Ward's developmental period is just as dire and slow as Wilder's.
        In fact in 2006-2007, people were grumbling that Ward is just being fed cans and was taking it too slow.

Comment

Ward had an extensive amateur career though.

A better role model would be Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. who had about 40 fights or so before he was finally ready to step up to real competition. I personally wouldn't mind if Wilder took that much time to hone his craft and make up for the lack of amateur experience.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            His skills are out of this world, I could see that when he beat Dustin Nichols.

Is Wilder the guy in the black trunks?

Comment

Must have a dodgy chin, then.

In all seriousness, though, the guy looks to have a pretty 'open' defence. He's been busted up several times in sparring.

Comment

Nothing wrong with taking it slowly considering the guy only took up boxing in 05, but question is, does this guy have really poor management?

We have a 6"7 American heavyweight that 25-0 with 25 kos and has won an Olympic medal and yet every fight I've seen him in looks like it was filmed with a $30 Nokia phone camera.

Even fighting nobodies surely this guy can get on Espn or an undercard to a big fight? Just seems to me he's not getting the exposure he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
                  Do you really want me to link who Wladimir was fighting during his early days?

Do you? Do you wanna see the 'ferocious pig from Balkan" ? or the former MW?
                  Wald was 22 when he fought Zoran Vujicic who was unbeaten when they fought (of course he was a bum) but still...
                  And Wlad KOed him within 2 min..

Dude, you need to stop talking **** on every thread about K2. We got it, you don't like them.. move on!
                  Last edited by Simurgh; 11-19-2012, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Lulz Volodymyr also said that Mormeck was Tysonesque and had mentioned Mitchell as a legit contender. His words about Wilder means nothing.

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                    His skills are out of this world, I could see that when he beat Dustin Nichols.

I dislike showboating in general but to do it against a opponent like that is the most classless, disgracefull **** iv ever seen inside a ring. I officially hate Wilder for life now and will enjoy watching him get his glass jaw obliterated even more now, something which has almost already happened against such formitable boxers as Harold Sconiers

Comment

Working...
                    X