No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez's Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://visitemosmisiones.com/noticia...con-maravilla/

for some reason the english boxing media totally missed this but Chavez is going to be out a lot longer than Martinez.

basically it says Martinez fractured Chavez's cheekbone and orbital bone. Martinez without a broken hand will destroy Chavez's face and end his career.

but hey let people believe what they want, it's easy money for Martinez. too bad Canelo is too afraid to get some too

Comment

Why the dislike for Sergio?

Comment

I don't think people realize that the way Sergio moves around the ring is not a herky jerky style like Manny's. He'll be just fine. This isn't the NFL or NBA. Boxers move in a more fluid and relaxed motion. Yes, they take some hard cuts at times, but the majority of time, it's in a straight line, or a sliding side to side motion. Don't worry fellas.

Also planting the feet to punch isn't as taxing as other sports, where you have to run and jump.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

for some reason the english boxing media totally missed this but Chavez is going to be out a lot longer than Martinez.

basically it says Martinez fractured Chavez's cheekbone and orbital bone. Martinez without a broken hand will destroy Chavez's face and end his career.

but hey let people believe what they want, it's easy money for Martinez. too bad Canelo is too afraid to get some too
          LOL Martinez broke his hand fighting chavez lol.

So since you playing the what if game I will too.

What if chavez didnt give martinez no respect and just floored him, Martinez would have been stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post

What if chavez didnt give martinez no respect and just floored him, Martinez would have been stopped.
            a better what if question would have been what if the fight was 15 rounds? yeah Chavez would have won.

every time Chavez tried to open up Martinez destroyed him. Chavez got busted up. Martinez got arrogant and didn't respect Chavez in the 12th and paid the price. Martinez could have cruised to an easy UD but wanted to be a showman.

all I'm saying is with broken bones in Chavez's face, he'll swell up faster and if he can't see, Martinez will KO him in the rematch.

but this is one fight I'm positive we'll see again. maybe you're right and Chavez wins but I doubt it even more than before.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

I haven't seen any credible source confirm this. Chavez in an interivew said that Martinez broke his nose and would need surgery because he couldn't breath well, but he didn't mention anything about a broken cheeckbone.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post

Are you trying to say that Chavez Jr. didn't knock Martinez out because he respected him? I think Chavez Jr. didn't knock Martinez out because he couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
                  I don't think people realize that the way Sergio moves around the ring is not a herky jerky style like Manny's. He'll be just fine. This isn't the NFL or NBA. Boxers move in a more fluid and relaxed motion. Yes, they take some hard cuts at times, but the majority of time, it's in a straight line, or a sliding side to side motion. Don't worry fellas.

Also planting the feet to punch isn't as taxing as other sports, where you have to run and jump.
                  I think it's still bad, since Martinez always uses his knee when he pivots and turns.

Comment

Martinez would beat Chavez to a pulp had he tried punching at him early on....you see his face after him fighting in a defensive posture? He knew what would happen had he opened up too much.

Sergio will beat Murray and then retire Chavez jr unless he gets arrested on purpose before the fight.
                    Last edited by mathed; 11-13-2012, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                      I think it's still bad, since Martinez always uses his knee when he pivots and turns.
                      Lol. Think about pivoting to turn, compared to stopping on a dime and crossing someone over, or even coming to a jump stop, or jumping in general. It's not that bad. If it was an ACL injury, then there'd be some reason for concern.

Boxing is a sport, where you can afford a knee injury, and it won't drastically cut your career short.

Comment

Working...
                      X