No announcement yet.

Cotto's record at WW isn't that great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see @147 Cotto fought:

Carlos Quintana, good first fight and test for Cotto's first fight. Not a huge win, but good quality win over a guy who was undefeated and beat Paul Williams a couple of years later.

Oktay Urkal, nothing special here. Cotto beat a guy he was supposed to beat.

Zab Judah, good win and Cotto's first big fight of his career and first big PPV of his career.

Shane Mosley, one of Cotto's biggest wins. Was a good competitive fight. Mosley got started too late in this fight. Cotto won a close but clear decision in this one.

Alfonso Gomez, nothing special.

Antonio Margacheato, well there's obviously questions about this fight. Cotto wins imo on an even playing field.

Michael Jennings, nothing special.

Joshua Clottey, good fight. The cut the size of an eyebrow obviously hindered Cotto in this fight. It was close and I guess arguments can be made either way. However if Cotto didn't have that massive cut over his eye he would have won more clearly.

Manny Pacquiao, fought at 145, but Cotto accepted the fight. Cotto also was training himself, that did him no favors. But it is what it is and Pacquiao won.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Don't forget Cotto fought the 2009 Pac and not the 2015. Big difference if you ask me

True, Pacquiao was different back in 2009. Was he roiding and juicing? Who knows, but the knockouts disappeared not too long after.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Don't forget Cotto fought the 2009 Pac and not the 2015. Big difference if you ask me
        Why'd you put me on ignore in your thread? I wasn't going off topic. Just stating facts. You then reply to me knowing I can't reply back.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3429729

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. -- After Floyd Mayweather Jr. easily outpointed Carlos Baldomir to win the welterweight championship in November 2006, he stood at the podium at the post-fight news conference and broke down in tears as he stunningly announced his retirement from boxing.

Despite the emotional outpouring, few believed Mayweather was serious, rather that he had simply been overcome by the moment.

Less than two months later, Mayweather agreed to face Oscar De La Hoya. In May 2007, Mayweather outpointed him in a fight that shattered all boxing revenue and pay-per-view records. After beating Ricky Hatton in December, plans were in motion for Mayweather-De La Hoya II to take place Sept. 20.

In retiring, Mayweather leaves behind several potential major fights, including one against the winner of next month's welterweight title bout between Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, both of whom are promoted by Arum.

"If you don't want to take the risk and you don't have to take the risk why would you want to fight a Cotto or a Margarito and subject yourself to risk when you don't have to do that?" said Arum, who has often ripped Mayweather for his reluctance to face either man.

"He just told me he was retiring and I said, 'OK.' He had already made up his mind. He did it his way, not everybody else's way," Ellerbe said

Came out if retirement for old ass De La Hoya
          Came out of retirement for JWW Hatton
          Came out of retirement for Lightweight Marquez
          Came out of retirement for 0-0 Connor McGregor
          Saw prime undefeated Miguel Cotto next up and stayed retired for 2 1/2 years

But Bob Arum made Floyd say Cotto lives too far, isn't a PPV star and won't let the sport of boxing retire him. Bob Arum made Floyd say it

Comment

Seems the majority agrees that Cotto just wasn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
              Theres no blueprint! They should all be asking Oscar for refunds for the fake news blueprint he sent them.

Comment

Seeing people make ridiculous claims he's better then JMM.

Comment

Working...
                X