No announcement yet.

Name the Fighter That Beat Your Hero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    The Williams KO shocked me, too. I never saw him getting blitzed like that. Maravilla impressed everybody that night. Still, one the prettiest Kos ever too. But from the perspective of a Williams fan, I can see where it would have seriously ruined the evening.
    And especially to see his eyes wide open on the canvas. I knew he was alive because was breathing, but it was kind of eery

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      Thx bro! Much appreciated.
      No worries man, I felt the exact way you described watching that fight

Comment

"I wasn't alive for this but i imagine watching Sugar Ray Robinson get beat down by Joey Maxim was heart-breaking"................

You need to do some researching before you start yaking.
        Robinson was ahead on all score when he was stricken by heat exhaustion at the beginning of the 15th. . The ref was replaced in the 10th round after suffering dizzy spells in between rounds.
        The fight was in Yankee Stadium with a live gate of 50 thousand
        people.

Study first when you don't know the facts.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          And especially to see his eyes wide open on the canvas. I knew he was alive because was breathing, but it was kind of eery
          Oh yeah. That was like, damn. He's on another planet.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            Cotto vs Martinez stung.

Donaire vs Montiel was a really hard one for me. I knew it was gonna be hard but the way he got destroyed toyed with my emotions.

Those aren't my heroes though

I felt really gutted with a guy I had huge hopes for based on gym stories, sparring footage and overall urban legend status.

Valero vs Himself/Life
            Valero showed signs of greatness as a fighter but then showed signs of being a terrible human being, kind of like Carlos Monzon. It's a real shame when that happens.

Comment

Working...
            X