Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is boxing most beloved fighter on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    It's sad because it's become so phony and political. And racial. People who bash technical fighters who use veteran tactics (Mayweather, Ward) just adore Loma, who is the same thing, but white.
    They love GG for his action and drama but hate Wilder.
    Brook sat on the title for 2 years and was defended for it but guys like Spence, Crawford, and Charlo are shredded if they aren't fighting the top guy next week.

I feel like the only thing I post on here anymore is commentary on the hypocrisy of all these fanboys.
    Yup. Like folks that bash GGG and say they don't think his style is sophisticated enough hate Loma but love Wilder. Complain about the resumes of Loma and GGG but wax lyrical on the Charlo's and Spence. Cry about the catch-weight that Pacquaio enforced on Cotto but defend Mayweather's with Canelo. Ridicule Pacquaio and GGG for the flat fee but defend Wilder for turning it down etc; etc; etc;

The whole place has hypocrisy from all sides and it's beyond tedious. It's tough to have a serious discussion I guess if you know who to take seriously and not. Too many fanboys who are more interested in the drama of what fights aren't getting made and who's to blame more than the actual fights themselves hence the Joshua-Wilder stuff and the never ending story of who ducked who between Mayweather and Pacquaio in what turned out to be a fight that wasn't even worth talking about the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      It really is. It's USA vs UK, or Bruvvas vs StiffEuros, and it's really comical. It shows, like you say, in the comparisons between Loma and Floyd, Wilder and GGG, and this Joshua-Wilder situation vs Canelo-GGG.
      The Canelo/GG vs Wilder/AJ one is the most telling. I've had multiple people here ignorantly accuse me of flip flopping there (Maxi and Kfod to name a couple) when I said numerous times that I wished GG would tell Oscar to go fuk himself over the flat offer.

These people are not real boxing fans though and are only interested in keeping track of which "side" everyone is on so they assume I must be always against GG and AJ and always for Canelo and Wilder. I've no personal interest in playing fanboy for any of those guys. Fuk that.

Comment

...........Rod Salka

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          The Canelo/GG vs Wilder/AJ one is the most telling. I've had multiple people here ignorantly accuse me of flip flopping there (Maxi and Kfod to name a couple) when I said numerous times that I wished GG would tell Oscar to go fuk himself over the flat offer.

These people are not real boxing fans though and are only interested in keeping track of which "side" everyone is on so they assume I must be always against GG and AJ and always for Canelo and Wilder. I've no personal interest in playing fanboy for any of those guys. Fuk that.
          I caught it from both sides one day when I said Wilder was like a black GGG (scary power, lots of KOs, people in division weren't looking to fight him, not the biggest draw)

I got both "Wilders nothing like lil g", and "GGG is nothing like BumSquad"

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Yup. Like folks that bash GGG and say they don't think his style is sophisticated enough hate Loma but love Wilder. Complain about the resumes of Loma and GGG but wax lyrical on the Charlo's and Spence. Cry about the catch-weight that Pacquaio enforced on Cotto but defend Mayweather's with Canelo. Ridicule Pacquaio and GGG for the flat fee but defend Wilder for turning it down etc; etc; etc;

The whole place has hypocrisy from all sides and it's beyond tedious. It's tough to have a serious discussion I guess if you know who to take seriously and not. Too many fanboys who are more interested in the drama of what fights aren't getting made and who's to blame more than the actual fights themselves hence the Joshua-Wilder stuff and the never ending story of who ducked who beat Mayweather and Pacquaio in what turned out to be a fight that wasn't even worth talking about the next day.
            Exactly. Good points about Floyd. People defended Floyd for all kinds of bullshyt but they tear apart others who pulled this shyt out of the Mayweather playbook. I can't tell you how many times people bashed Mayweather in response to me because they thought they were beating me in an argument. I never defended Floyd's BS but apparently they lump me in that part of the demographic. So many times I've seen them say, "Don't lie, I know you're a Floyd fan". Same with Wilder now, even though I've criticized his sloppy skills from day one. Lol

They were in tears about Ward fighting dirty but when Loma did the exact same shyt, they blamed it on his opponents and claimed him a saint.
            Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              Spence jr

I rarely see negative comments about him on here
              I agree. What's not to like about Spence Jr.?

Comment

Comment

Its only 2 choices...mayweather and pac. I dont really have a personal preference on either...but lets face it. We are all talking Wilder AJ at the moment but as soon as that fight is over everybody will be back to talking about wether floyd ducked manny for all those years or wether he lost maidana 1. Or how pac outlanded may or got shafted by Arum and the aussie judges. Any other fights or fighters are just a temporary distraction from the day to day.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    Nobody. Ever. We've already drawn lines in the sand and will argue against who the other guys like, regardless who it is.
                    Fanboyism is easy to fall into. I think we've all done it to a point.

However, after reading enough posts on here, you start to think 'You know, Guy A can do no wrong while Guy B can do no right.'

Wilder is a great example. I bashed him plenty on here because of his sloppy style. However, when he beat Ortiz, I praised him. I mean, going in, Ortiz was a very live dog. And Wilder dropped him and then got in some trouble and then came through with a KO. I couldn't knock him for that. I gave him praise. He went out and got it done. That's what top fighters do. Of course, you still had the same old guys knocking Ortiz for being old and what not, but I'm sorry. Wilder faced a real threat and got the job done through adversity. That's what champions do.

Loma is another one. He gets a lot of love here and plenty of hate as well. When he beat Rigo, he said after the fight that he didn't consider it a great win and some definitely acknowledged that but others tried to tear down the win as usual. It's like, you know he could never do anything to please some of these people. It would never be enough. If he beats Linares convincingly which I believe he'll do, you'll still have people bashing the win when Linares is considered the top 135 pound fighter out there right now and it's Loma's first fight at the new weight. You'll have posters pointing out Loma fighting in the amateurs at 135 and we'll be hearing about the Salido fight from here on out. It's like, let it go.

I'll tackle Ward as well. Now, I never liked his style. And yes, I thought he did foul regularly. It was mainly the Kessler fight that pissed me off. Lots of fighters foul in some way but I never saw Kessler foul at all. Maybe he did but I didn't see it. And Ward clearly fouled him imo. That said, he definitely beat Froch without fouling and he definitely beat Kovalev in the rematch. The fight was close imo going into the eighth round but Kov was definitely weakening. Had the low blows not happened at the end (I really wish they hadn't and were unnecessary), Kov was on the way out anyway. I still hate to admit this TBH, but it's true. He admitted it in an interview that he was drinking too much in those days and it caught up to him. So Ward had some great wins and deserves praise without question.

Lastly, Mayweather. I never was a fan of his either, obviously. However, the more I look back, he did some really great things in and out of the ring. Gatti might have been washed up but Mayweather sliced and diced him like nobody else ever did. So props to him for that. He also broke Corrales down like it was nothing and Chico was a top fighter at the time. He had several other very notable wins and will go down as ATG for sure. The Pac fight was closer to me than some thought, but Mayweather convinced the judges as well as most fans. What more can you do? So there's that. And many of his business moves were downright genius. So I give him plenty of praise even if I'm not a fan.

In closing, they're fighters. They're not gods. Yes, they make mistakes and yes, they may have styles that doesn't agree with you, but at the end of the day, they all deserve praise when they get to that top level. It's a massive achievement in a brutal sport. Fanboys just take things too far most times.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
                      I saw Oscar Valdez get a lot of love when be still fought Quigg being at a weight disadvantage and fighting with a broken jaw but still won. Is he the most liked fighter? Or is it someone else? Thoughts?
                      Definitely a white fighter...probably Gennady.

Loma and Spence held high too.

It goes:

White
                      Black
                      Asian
                      Mexican

Just ask BIGPOPPAPUMP aka WHITEBreadMan aka Uncle Tom aka #buildthewall ...dude hates Mexicans with a passion...sad

Comment

Working...
                      X