No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume in your opinion; Calzaghe or Tua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
    Calzaghe went life and death with the great Robin Reid.

Was dropped by the corpse of Roy Yones. Dropped by a 43 year old Bernard Hopkins who is not known for his power. Dropped by the monster Kabery Salem in his prime. Dropped by world beater Byron Mitchell in his prime.

Yawn.
    Whats that got to do with saying someone is good because they lost soundly to a very good fighter.

Tony Tucker went 12 rounds with Tyson and Lewis but i don't see him in any P4P lists or talked as a world beater, like Tau he never held a world title either.

the Idea that a heavy loss no matter who the loss is too can be better than any win on another guys resume is ******ed at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
      Whats that got to do with saying someone is good because they lost soundly to a very good fighter.

Tony Tucker went 12 rounds with Tyson and Lewis but i don't see him in any P4P lists or talked as a world beater, like Tau he never held a world title either.

the Idea that a heavy loss no matter who the loss is too can be better than any win on another guys resume is ******ed at best.
      Resume in this case is who you've faced. Not beaten.

Comment

So In your opinion Tua and by association Tucker dispite never beating anyone of any note or holding a title much less defending one, or even coming close to beating any of the top people in their division still has a better resume than a guy who's beaten 9 world champions including a guy who as we sit beer in hand is ranked No4 P4P?

Bz you hate better than anyone I know

Comment

• you that critizize joe and say that lacy and kessler are his best wins are not thinking properly. if you are not including bernard(even a 42 year old bernard) then you are a hater and it does not matter what joe does you will not give him credit. hopkins is p4p fighter even more so today then he was 10 yrs ago.

Comment

• i also say that beating bernard alone is enough to pass anything tua has done.

Comment

When I think of resumes, I also think of just who you've fought. Too many people confuse resumes with talent level. Tua has a PHENOMENAL record, but he's not championship material.

Emanuel Augusts is the same way... one of the best resumes in boxing, but only one belt (IBF I think) and nearly as many losses as wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
                So In your opinion Tua and by association Tucker dispite never beating anyone of any note or holding a title much less defending one, or even coming close to beating any of the top people in their division still has a better resume than a guy who's beaten 9 world champions including a guy who as we sit beer in hand is ranked No4 P4P?

Bz you hate better than anyone I know
                No I just have a different definition of resume than you do.

We've already been over the world champions the guy beat. They had titles sure, but they were craptucular. To try to make them seem like anything else is disingenuous

Comment

No I just have a different definition of resume than you do.

We've already been over the world champions the guy beat. They had titles sure, but they were craptucular. To try to make them seem like anything else is disingenuous
                  |Well when someone asks about my resume I don't tell them about exams I failed, lets put it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                    Left Hook Tua was criticizing the level of opposition that Calzaghe fought which is why CastorTroy made this thread (as a response) so I would say that it's about who they fought.

Calzaghe obviously achieved more in his career but Tua fought the best heavyweights in his prime.
                    To be onest didn't know what resume he ment (winning or just fought) so i just assumed he ment wins, so i think that overshadowed my view on who they have fought. But for who they have just fought it interesting, Calzaghe's best are
                    .Roy Jones Jr
                    .Bernard Hopkins
                    .Mikkel Kessler
                    .Sakio Bika
                    .Jeff Lacy
                    .Charles Brewer
                    .Chris Eubank
                    And Tua are
                    .John Ruiz
                    .Oleg Maskaev
                    .Ike Ibeabuchi
                    .Hasim Rahman
                    .Lennox Lewis
                    .Fres Oquendo
                    .Michael Moorer
                    .Chris Byrd

I think Joe has the two best names in Jones/Hopkins, but yes i guess you could say Tua fought his names more in their prime but Calzaghe fought Hopkins in his 2'd prime, Kessler in his prime, Lacy in his prime, and Bika in his prime.And yet it also not really fair on Calzaghe as Kessler and Bika are only in their prime of there careers so who knows what they could go on to do but as of right now they have a great legacy but that could come. But yes overall Joe's beat the better resume and has the 2 best names but you could say overall Tua have fought the better fighters.

Comment

Give me a break.

Guys like David Starie, Will Mcintyre, Tocker Pubwill, Miguel Angel Jiminez, Rick Thronberry, and Lucniano Torres count as stellar opposition.

Pass the Kool aid.
                      I never said guys like David Starie, Will Mcintyre, Tocker Pubwill, Miguel Angel Jiminez, Rick Thronberry, and Lucniano Torres were stellar opposition.But Tua weren't excatly fighting world class oppostion every time in Garing Lane,Russell Chasteen,Danell Nicholson,Talmadge Griffis, and Shane Sutcliffe.

Comment

Working...
                      X