This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Mooy kid is nice.

He should pretend to have an English grandparent, he'd walk into the squad. About ten times better than Henderson/Livermore/Drinkwater/Huddlestone and co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Hey man i'm just taking a leaf out of your book.
      I'm being positive/delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        Hey man i'm just taking a leaf out of your book.
        I'm being positive/delusional.
        Oh ok.

See you in the final then pal!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          There's no basis or proof for that whatsoever.

There's more evidence of every English side outside the top 6 being ****e actually. See Everton's Europa League campaign for an example of this, or West Ham's or Southampton's before that.

As said earlier, it's 'more competitive' because the top sides aren't/weren't as good as the top sides in Germany/Spain/Italy.
          The basis of proof for that is their annual turnovers and tv money.

Sevilla are the fourth team of Spain so you can't compare their output to Everton. You can compare them to Liverpool if you want.

You own Girona. That's how crap La Liga is.

Naz reckons we're favourites to beat Barca. Chelsea are nowhere this season.

Chelsea were vastly superior to Atletico Madrid.

Dunno why you want to undersell you achievements. This is your first proper title win that isn't fortuitous in any way and comes at a time when all teams have spent cash albeit not as much as City.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-11-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            Oh ok.

See you in the final then pal!
            Haha you know it.

You can bring ya fxcking dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              Haha you know it.

You can bring ya fxcking dinner.
              Because by the time I'm finished with you. You'll f.ucking need it

Comment

• Styles make fights.

And Barca match up bad to Chelsea at the moment. But the game is 2 months away and they may strengthen in January and also have a fully fit Dembele which will make an impact.

La Liga has been the stronger league for a few years now though. Might change very soon as it used to be Serie A for example..

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Huddersfield still attempted to attack with 10 men and Mooy almost equalised at the last moments from a free kick. How do you score first and almost equalize late, if you parked the bus the entire game?

If you think that because City are that much better at controlling the game than everyone else, that no team is actually playing or attempting to play football against them, then you certainly have a blind approach to watching games.

Or if you think the only way to attack is by playing like City under Pep Guardiola. Then that is again... a pretty blind approach to watching games.

If that is the case.
                  This is EXACTLY what is happening in every one of our games, I'm amazed that anyone could watch our games and come away thinking otherwise.

Virtually the only chances we're conceding are from hoofed balls long, that's was all Huddersfield had. Obviously they had a bit of a go (relatively speaking) in the last 5 minutes when they were losing. The Huddersfield game specifically was probably the most defensive anyone has actually set up against us (which takes some doing), it was 11 behind the ball and kick it straight back to the City CBs as soon as we get it. Literally wave after wave of City attacks.

'Attacking football'. 0 shots on target!

I couldn't tell you a league game since Liverpool at the start of September where Ederson has had to make multiple good saves, feel free to show me otherwise. It's been near total-domination.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  The basis of proof for that is their annual turnovers and tv money.

Sevilla are the fourth team of Spain so you can't compare their output to Everton. You can compare them to Liverpool if you want.

You own Girona. That's how crap La Liga is.

Naz reckons we're favourites to beat Barca. Chelsea are nowhere this season.

Chelsea were vastly superior to Atletico Madrid.

Dunno why you want to undersell you achievements. This is your first proper title win that isn't fortuitous in any way and comes at a time when all teams have spent cash albeit not as much as City.
                  I'm not talking about City's achievements though. The league has built this 'best in the world' reputation because there was no elite team smashing everyone. It's like saying the European Tour was better than the PGA tour in 2001 because Tiger Woods was slapping everyone in the PGA. Same with La Liga and the prem imo.

Sevilla have a bigger output than Liverpool in the last few years. Certainly in terms of trophies.

You might get a result against Barca but you aren't favourites to do so.

Comment

• Could'nt tell u a save since Liverpool by Ederson.. despite him making a double save last weekend which was world class in order to keep United out

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      Could'nt tell u a save since Liverpool by Ederson.. despite him making a double save last weekend which was world class in order to keep United out
                      Do you have problems reading?

I said 'multiple good saves'. What else did Ederson have to do on Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                      X